Ok, it's November. Where's 8.43?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
    I wonder what the difference is? I've tried all sorts of kernel and config settings to try and get it to work. What's your motherboard/CPU Magic?
    Open up a new thread, this really doesn't belong in here.

--

Don't get me wrong here, if there is no possibility, that Michael can even say it will come out at the end of the month (which isn't really precise informationen ) or sth. similar, then he can say of course, that he is not allowed to state that and I am fine with that.

Anyway, I hope this one will be better. 8.42.3 wasn't the best release. Of course it had AIGLX and stuff, but there were some things, that I think could be prevented if you double check it before you release (I hope they do that ).

Comment

Yes it was very incomplete... you can not even run all OpenGL apps with it. It is mainly for games and a very little bit for AIGLX.

Comment

Who needs (really needs) compiz? If you love this stuff pls buy a mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Yes it was very incomplete... you can not even run all OpenGL apps with it. It is mainly for games and a very little bit for AIGLX.
          Hmph... As I suspected. You'll find the same story with the Vista/XP version of the driver.

Comment

Hopefully they'll fix some of the bugs I've got, heres my complete list of bugs/problems:

3D
            - Stuttering in 3d, its smooth sometimes, but it seems like when particles or something, I can't quite figure out what it is thats causing it, but it even happens in Hexen II (A Quake 1 engine game). All my games run smooth even at 6x anti aliasing, but when I reach a stutter area, well, its slow no matter what I do.

2D - I have a few 2d issues, one, when browsing with firefox, sometimes my mouse cursor shows corruption around it. Strange, and annoying. Also 2d performance is a little lacking still.

Video - Xv Video playback seems slow. Opengl playback is fine, but I would like to see Xv working the way it should, as would a ton of us.

AIGLX/Compiz
            - Compiz Fusion works, however, some windows do not show their contents, they are just blank. And I can't move icons on my desktop. Its like the desktop itself is frozen until I turn off Compiz. And it is a little slow at times.

If they can fix all those issues in 8.43 I'll be in disbelief, if they can fix at least half of them, I'll be happy. If they fix none of them, I will send Phoronix a new video that they can put on their site, titled "What happens if you have a hammer in your left hand and a ATI card in your right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
              Open up a new thread, this really doesn't belong in here.

--
              True, but this person hasn't replied in the topic that was opened for it, so all input we X1950/X16nn AGP! users like to get anything really.

Said that, Mine works, i get 3d and everything, just horrible slow (no interrupt assigned or some such).

Comment

Ok, it is November, 14. Where is a new driver?
                Can't wait for another week.

Comment

where is Michael?..

any hint????

can i run aiglx in a fast and stable way?

I'm using an x200m in my lappy, yeah i know. it is not as fast, but in 8.40 XGL was faster than 8.42 with AIXGL

Comment

Ok, it is November, 14. Where is a new driver?
                    somewhere in ati. where else?

i can't wait for more specs from ati, and i can finally forget about that damned driver. maybe i'll also learn to code in C properly, so i'll be of some help the radeonhd devs.

Comment

Yes coding C is one good idea, i`m just started to studying/learning c-language, but in near future is might be useful to helping to make good opensource ati driver or something else but still good think if me or somebody not hired people can also be part of making good drivers .

Ps. sorry my little rusty english.

Comment

Working...
                      X