Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshi314
    replied
    conntest output, X logs, lspci output. sometimes a copy of videocard bios is needed.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Libv will probably have more suggestions, but the most important things IMO are providing good, useable feedback and trying to minimize the amount of developer time required to track down problems :

- pick up the latest driver on a regular basis and try it out

- if you find problems, try to find where the change was introduced before filing a bug or email, ie if there were 40 changes since the last time you tested go back 20 and see if the problem is there, then back or forwards 10, 5, 2 etc.. until you find the offending commit

- where possible, try to eliminate configuration issues before filing bugs or emailing the support list. Right now this isn't a big deal because the driver is relatively simple (ie just user mode, no drm etc...) but as more features are added install and config issues will become part of the challenge just like with a proprietary driver

- exercise the new features as they are introduced, but try to think and provide feedback more like a good tester than a demanding user

- if there are multiple drivers offering support for your product, treat it as an opportunity to identify the good parts and approaches from each so that eventually all the best parts can end up available in one driver; don't treat it like a friday night cage match

- try to understand and appreciate the long hours these guys are working. If you have any doubts, go look at the IRC logs.
    Last edited by bridgman; 24 November 2007, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• klaus
    replied
    Someone plz tell everyone what is needed for improvements for this driver, I mean what can other users, rather than developers provide the developers to help them take off?
    xorg.0.log, etc?

Leave a comment:

• fastio
    replied
    From what I have read, I think that Wine can support dx9, but only on nvidia cards. About the driver in linux, you're right, it doesn't have nothing to do about. For what I'm looking, it is a problem with wine.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Originally posted by fastio View Post
    Thanks for the answer. Yes, at the moment I'm using the current ati radeon driver, but I'm looking for one the provides support for directx9 on Wine. Does it exists already?
    does wine support dx9?

what does linux driver have in common with directx, on linux?
    Last edited by yoshi314; 20 September 2007, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fastio
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    No, that is of R400 generation. However, it should be supported by the current Radeon driver.
    Thanks for the answer. Yes, at the moment I'm using the current ati radeon driver, but I'm looking for one the provides support for directx9 on Wine. Does it exists already?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by fastio View Post
    Hi,
    Does these drivers support my radeon x700 mobility? I have a MSI m635 laptop. Thanks.
    No, that is of R400 generation. However, it should be supported by the current Radeon driver.

Leave a comment:

• fastio
    replied
    Hi,
    Does these drivers support my radeon x700 mobility? I have a MSI m635 laptop. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• robin1979
    replied
    Mailing list archives:

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Try now, your card will only get support after someone reports it.
    /me goes off to take out his x300 and put in his x1300....again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X