Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Driver Is Out! Meet Oktoberfest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moustacha View Post
    Might be too much of an ask, but could you compare with previous gen mid-range cards, of ati and nvidia, and with the nvidia mid-range if you can?
    With the HD 2400 and 2600 we are also doing the NVIDIA 8500 and 8600 and the ATI X1300.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Xipeos and Opera, do I have to tell you two to stop fighting?
      Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by billybore View Post
        I repeat my questions about new 8.41 driver, anyone can ansewr me?

1- News about Hypermemory? (very important for mobility)
        2- News about fan control?
        3- News about suspend/resume problem? (specially for Fedora 7)
        4- With ATI Mobility X300 and new driver is possible to play with Flightgear and use Cedega? (with Windows Vista I can play with many games (PES6,VSK5, ...) at high quality details)

Please answer me, thanks.
        I don't know about Hyper Memory right now.

If the fan control is with a Power Play mode, it should work.

Suspend/resume may be fixed depending upon the system.

I have not used Flightgear and Cedega/WINE will run faster but missing some GLX things (see other thread)
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Thanks Michael ...needed that -

Comment

It's done. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Originally posted by Alistair
            Thanks Michael ...needed that
            Alistair...

Comment

I don't know about Hyper Memory right now.

If the fan control is with a Power Play mode, it should work.

Suspend/resume may be fixed depending upon the system.

I have not used Flightgear and Cedega/WINE will run faster but missing some GLX things (see other thread)

I am in the process of collecting all I can on my systems stats right now - I use wine and play world of warcraft religously - Given the context of the OP's questions, and what we see in the reviews so far, I'm suspecting that Flightgear (native linux) will be much more likely to be playable on IGP chipsets. As for Cedega/Wine :

Michael - the excepted GL extension in Wow is specific (Per Tbird's comment) to the way Blizzard has implemented the function in their code.

What Tbird is concerned about beyond that is the mapping method ATI has used to xor the server available extension and the client available extensions into the main available extensions - it in some cases does not result in something that wine can rely on for accurate information, and results in the Wine folks having to use some hacky code to make things work. I can gather from a few other threads I ve seen of this nature that Cedega goes even farther down that path.....

Comment

Originally posted by phreadom View Post
                Personally I'd really like to see a clear answer on the status of support for the AGP X1600Pro.

I have a 512mb card that currently is recognized incorrectly as PCIE, resulting in the 0x AGP mode and the driver only sees 256mb of the 512mb of vid mem.

This effectively makes the card useless for almost any 3d application.

That aside, great news today! I look forward to further news. Thanks for all the information Michael!
                In the same boat - I'm testing this the instant I can get my hands on the driver and get it built on my system -- I will post results....

Comment

Just dropped in by chance. So, AMD is getting their act together? Okay, great. When do we get this one?

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                    Just dropped in by chance. So, AMD is getting their act together? Okay, great. When do we get this one?
                    AMD has gotten their act together.

8.41 will be out early next week.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Can we see some abuse dished out via Viewperf (Yeah, yeah, I know- it's one of the standard torture tests all the same and NVidia AND AMD/ATI use it as one of their benchmarks)?

(EDIT) Oh, can we see if the driver actually WORKS with Hypermemory machines properly in UMA, Dedicated, and UMA+Dedicated modes and what performance values we get from all three modes?
                      Oh Svartalf, is this the end of our ATi cynical days?

Comment

Working...
                      X