X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    Wouldn't radeongcn have been a better name then radeonsi?
    The problem is that we don't know what comes after GCN and whether it will also fit into the same driver. We kinda had two choices :

- stay with the current naming convention based on "first supported generation"
    - rename existing drivers as well and go with architecture-based names

Agree that the transitional product naming (where high end SI parts are GCN and lower parts are VLIW) makes the current naming convention awkward for now.

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Yeah, we discussed various naming options, but the bottom line was that when a new driver component is started we know the name of the first generation it will support but rarely know the name of the last generation... so r600g (src/gallium/drivers/r600 IIRC) covers r6xx through NI and radeonsi covers SI through <who knows ?>...
    Wouldn't radeongcn have been a better name then radeonsi?

Leave a comment:

• Death Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsleg View Post
    Hey dogsleg,
    Thanks for pointing his paypal account.
    I just send some financial aid for beer with help of you

Leave a comment:

• dogsleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Give him a donate button and you'll be surprised how many people will donate.
    He has PayPal link in his profile (http://phoronix.com/forums/member.php?18270-marek) -- [email protected].

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by TAXI View Post
    AFAIK the kernel bits are missing in rc2 (and rc3, too). Hopefully they will be in rc4.
    thank you for your answer i boo boo and forgot to check kernel mailing list for patches

ill try rc4 then thx

Leave a comment:

• V10lator
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    3.6-rc2 kernel
    AFAIK the kernel bits are missing in rc2 (and rc3, too). Hopefully they will be in rc4.

Leave a comment:

• disi
    replied
    Btw. compared to Intel graphics... I can play DDO (wine), open driver on 1 cylinder (low power profile ~299MHz), all settings to high.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    hi marek, i did a git pull today since some patches naming r700 landed but it seem MSAA is not activated yet, i think is cuz i miss a patch that has not landed on git yet but just in case

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV770
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-f8a8f06)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI R700 [Radeon HD 4850] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    04:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI R700 [Radeon HD 4850]
    4850X2 2GB
    xorg 1.13
    libdrm git
    3.6-rc2 kernel

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    AMD should pay Marek Ol??k or send him a graphics card and a thanks letter or something.

The guy is single handedly responsible for bringing AMD a lot of customers.
    All AMD customers who use Linux are thankful for his great contributions!
    Give him a donate button and you'll be surprised how many people will donate.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Yeah, we discussed various naming options, but the bottom line was that when a new driver component is started we know the name of the first generation it will support but rarely know the name of the last generation... so r600g (src/gallium/drivers/r600 IIRC) covers r6xx through NI and radeonsi covers SI through <who knows ?>...
    I am pretty sure you know

And yes the naming is as confusing as the Porsche 911 range naming. Or maybe more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X