ati catalyst 10.6 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It always depends on the BITRATE. There is a nice tool to check:

MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
      It always depends on the BITRATE. There is a nice tool to check:

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
      Thanks for this, i will use for reference.

How about 720 p videos? I have a couple of those and it looks and plays fine on my desktop .I have an x3 2.9 ghz on that one.

Iam assuming there is no GPU decode happening after reading all the UVD threads in this forum.So a CPU can decode 720p comfortably ?

Comment

• I already TESTED webm and for multichannel ogg vorbis sound the playback was impossible. My vlc vaapi script installs ffmpeg compiled against vpx which can be used to create webm. Did YOU test webm yet? I don't think you ever produced a test file! When i talk about things then i usally tested em before. You talk about things you never ever used em at all! That only shows your complete incompetence. Also it is very unlikely that your "sharders" will accellerate anything. It is just like that youtube will use such low bitrates that even a slow netbook will be able to decode it using the cpu. When you look at youtube h264 bitrates you get the idea what i mean but you never anaylse anything. You just write crap and more crap without any verfification. All you do is dreaming.

Comment

• I still wait for xvba for evergreen, can you tell me when this will happen?

Comment

• hi.

For me some images in some programs are darker and look ugly, will this be fixed?

Also i cant play older quake 3 games anymore (wine) for some reason? they crash at startup.

I have an ATI 4890 card and driver version 10.6

But good work for the new 10.6 driver I love it^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
              UVD can't accelerate WebM but the opensource-Radeon driver will accelerate this in shader you know?
              Ah, you are working on it? Do you know who is actively working on it and make it efficient and effective? Or are you just describing your hopes as facts, as usual?

Comment

• The game I want to play is based on the quake3 engine and is / was only avaiable for windows and mac.
                It worked with 10.4 but now it doesn't anymore. When using a nvidia card its the same problem but it can be fixed with this:
                Code:
                __GL_ExtensionStringVersion=17700 wine game.exe
                ( from here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=49074 )
                With my ATI Card this doesnt work.

Comment

ah very sharp no i don't work on it but i know of a special deal between google and amd ;-)

means there will be a acceleration of webM!
                  OK, so this actually means you don't know anything.

Comment

don't know anything in the way of i should not know anything means i do not prove anything then yes you are right ;-)
                    It's such a shame all your insider info gets buried deep in the forums. I think phoronix should give you a weekly guest column, where you can write about the latest things AMD is up to .

Comment

• Q, I don't think *anything* you said there is true. House rules are 5% minimum
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X