No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.12 For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i meant a PURE w7 install without any updates or whatever from usb drive - from dvd it is much slower. Funnyly ms had to release even the code now from the win tool after somebody found gpl parts in it. Well i wrote my own script for Linux to do the same long before

Comment

well I read through this whole thread but I seem to suffer from information overload:

how do I get the 9.12 hotfix driver please ? (and the location)

Season's Greatings !

Comment

The links are on the Knowledge Base article :

Test signature

Comment

It always find these monthly bash oops sorry information sessions interesting. I have been running the fglrx driver now for some considerable time and have never had any trouble with it at all. In that period of time I have only had two versions of the driver, I am currently running the one released in june this year.
          I currently have two main systems one uses an Sapphire Radeon HD4870 and the other an ASUS Nvidia 9600. I have found the 9600 is somewhat faster than the 4870 although there is little difference with antialiasing and such turned right up.
          With what I am doing and the games I play (mainly MSTS) on the whole I find that FGLRX is better than than the windows driver.
          I think AMD deserves mor credit for what they are doing,

Good Work,
          Blacksmith

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
            I think AMD deserves mor credit for what they are doing
            I think you simply do not use your computer enough

Comment

MSTS? Microsoft Train Simulator?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                but they can't fix openGL3 games because... there is no game.....
                That's not true because there is a test program.

It also doesn't matter what OpenGL versions or DirectX versions you have. It's only good for developpers. It doesn't mean that a newer version of OpenGL and DirectX makes games look better.

For example... Direct3D 10 (DirectX 10) was what made Crysis look so good, right? WRONG! By editing a config file in Windows XP and DirectX 9, you could have the Ultra Quality option and it looked just the same.

Don't be so fooled by marketing

Comment

the UVD2 viedeo acceleration on the windows-catalyst works good....
                  Are you REALLY sure? Lots of ppl have to use crude hacks to enable DXVA for something better than H264 L4.1 - better test it yourself before you write something!

Comment

i know that ... but i know its not the same but yes Crysis do not use all dx10 features--.

there are some grafic effekts that directX9c can not handle!

for exampel 'sun shining between leaves of trees'
                    You mean God Rays. Yes I have them here under DirectX 9... Volumetric lightning it is called, I think...

Comment

I would not call that good out of the box experience. Ok, ATI sells DX11 hardware now, that's better than Nvidia today, but really nothing else. Tessellation must be so awesome that everybody buys a new card in your opinion. It worked lots of years without it and bump mapping and other tricks looked fine too.

Comment

Working...
                      X