No announcement yet.

pure awsomeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Catalyst still have screen tearing?

Comment

The video requirements for HoN have been lowered, but the r600 radeon driver still can't play it.

From the HoN forums:
      As of 0.1.57, the minimum video requirement of the Linux and Mac OS X clients have been loosened.

It now only requires an OpenGL 1.2 / GLSL 1.10 compliant video card with the following extensions present: ARB_multitexture, ARB_vertex_buffer_object, ARB_shader_objects, ARB_fragment_shader, ARB_vertex_shader, ARB_shading_language_100, EXT_framebuffer.
      The radeon driver doesn't have ARB_shader_objects yet, so it won't run. Is this OpenGL extension on the agenda for the developers?

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
        The radeon driver doesn't have ARB_shader_objects yet, so it won't run. Is this OpenGL extension on the agenda for the developers?
        If you enable glsl the extension is advertised, don't know if the driver is able to run HoN though. Forgot to ask a beta key, so I've not been able to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          If you enable glsl the extension is advertised, don't know if the driver is able to run HoN though. Forgot to ask a beta key, so I've not been able to test it.
          how about me giving you a key to test it

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
            how about me giving you a key to test it
            Sure why not, let me be the guinea pig

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              Sure why not, let me be the guinea pig
              I would love to hear your result

Comment

I admit to a certain morbid curiosity myself
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I admit to a certain morbid curiosity myself
                  I've got some beta keys with your name on them bridgman.

Comment

Okay downloading the game now, they got a really slow connection, it will take about half an hour.

Comment

Oh yeah, here is the thread in the HoN forums if you need more information or anything.

Oh yeah, you might want to download the new installers in that thread. The old ones probably won't even start so they can be updated. I believe the old installers need GLSL 1.2
                      Last edited by pvtcupcakes; 27 November 2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X