AMD Releases Radeon GPU Profiler 2.0, RGA 2.9 & Other GPUOpen Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Radeon GPU Profiler 2.0, RGA 2.9 & Other GPUOpen Tools

Phoronix: AMD Releases Radeon GPU Profiler 2.0, RGA 2.9 & Other GPUOpen Tools

Following yesterday's big AMD AI event where they launched the Instinct MI300A / MI300X and ROCm 6.0, today AMD engineers released Radeon GPU Profiler 2.0 along with other GPUOpen tooling updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully this can be used by desktop environments' developers too to find bottlenecks and improve their performance and efficiency, which could also lead to more battery life for portable devices!

Comment

Unfortunately, https://gpuopen.com/download/radeon-...12-04-1282.tgz. Archive seems to be "bad":

tar: This does not look like a tar archive
      tar: Skipping to next header
      tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Downloaded it 3 times :-(

Or I'm missing a point somewhere.

Comment

Oh, look! AMD does make GUIs!

Comment

Originally posted by domih View Post
          Unfortunately, https://gpuopen.com/download/radeon-...12-04-1282.tgz. Archive seems to be "bad":

7z x RadeonDeveloperToolSuite-2023-12-04-1282.tgz
          ​
          does the job. tar and gunzip don't work for me either.

Comment

Indeed, I had to do first p7zip -d, then gunzip, then tar -xf to get the archive extracted, changing the file suffix as necessary.

Comment

Just checking, did you decompress with gzip before running tar ? It seemed to work fine for me.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Just checking, did you decompress with gzip before running tar ? It seemed to work fine for me.
                Yes, this will do the trick too:

gunzip RadeonDeveloperToolSuite-2023-12-04-1282_test.tgz
                tar -xf RadeonDeveloperToolSuite-2023-12-04-1282_test.tar

So i guess a .tgz is not the same thing as a .tar.gz which can be processed in one call: tar -xf <file>.tar.gz

Comment

So i guess a .tgz is not the same thing as a .tar.gz which can be processed in one call: tar -xf <file>.tar.gz
                  Interesting - I didn't know tar could process .tar.gz files. From a quick skim of the man page it seems like it does, but I would have expected to see a message after "this does not look like a tar archive" saying that it was trying gzip... guess that only appears if you are running with the verbose option.

My understanding was that .tgz was like .tar.gz in the sense that both were created by running tar followed by running gzip, and the general consensus seems to be that the two are interchangeable.
                  Test signature

Comment

Tar will extract .tar.7z, .tar.bz2, .tar.gz, .tar.lzma and .tar.xz (*) on its own and you don't even have to pass a specific decompression param, just run tar -xf <file>.

(*) provided the tar ball was created by tar and the appropriate compression param, e.g. tar -cj .... for creating a .tar.bz2.

Note: on Ubuntu Mate, you can use the console or use the Desktop right-click + Compress | Extract [Here|To...]

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X