Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon PRO W7700 Launches As $999 GPU With Fully Open-Source Upstream Linux Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon PRO W7700 Launches As $999 GPU With Fully Open-Source Upstream Linux Drivers

Phoronix: AMD Radeon PRO W7700 Launches As $999 GPU With Fully Open-Source Upstream Linux Drivers

AMD today is announcing what they call "the most powerful PRO GPU under $1,000" with the Radeon PRO W7700 that has a suggested price of $999. Like the rest of the Radeon PRO W7000 series, the W7700 enjoys fully upstream and working open-source Linux graphics driver support for launch day. I received an AMD Radeon PRO W7700 and have been putting it through its paces successfully under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was expecting also a bit of a comparison with the non Pro cards. What makes these cards Pro and is it useful for let's say Blender usage?

Comment

Like the rest of the Radeon PRO W7000 series, the W7700 enjoys fully upstream and working open-source Linux graphics driver support for launch day.

since when this is happening, why gpu card?

Comment

Benchmarks against NVIDIA?

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post
          I was expecting also a bit of a comparison with the non Pro cards. What makes these cards Pro and is it useful for let's say Blender usage?
          When comparing the W7900 to the 7900XTX, the only difference I could find is VRAM quantity. Traditionally, AMD's pro cards would have significantly better FP64 performance but in this case they appears to be the same.

Comment

@Michael

typo page 2

"atl east" should be "at least

Comment

So nice that you get pro cards from AMD to review again :-)

A bit weird that ROCm isn't finalised for these cards yet, considering all the qualification steps that's needed to call something "workstation class".
              Hope it comes soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                Benchmarks against NVIDIA?
                No need, just keep enjoying your ngreedia gpu, you dont need any validation besides Dear Leader Jensens blessing.

I dont like that current case color. Their old blue cards were simply beautiful.

Comment

Has the closed source driver reached EOL?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

No need, just keep enjoying your ngreedia gpu, you dont need any validation besides Dear Leader Jensens blessing.
                    Thank you, I will do that. Really enjoying Nvidia's CUDA support thoughout their line.

Comment

Working...
                    X