AMD Begins Sending In "New Stuff" For Their Graphics Driver With Linux 6.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Begins Sending In "New Stuff" For Their Graphics Driver With Linux 6.3

Phoronix: AMD Begins Sending In "New Stuff" For Their Graphics Driver With Linux 6.3

AMD sent out an initial batch of "new stuff" for their AMDGPU/AMDKFD kernel graphics driver code to begin queuing in DRM-Next ahead of the Linux 6.3 cycle kicking off during the back-half of February...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

AMD please test MST/HDMI audio from time to time
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      AMD please test MST/HDMI audio from time to time
      You get them darkbasic, this forum is the perfect place to give AMD some pointers by users.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

You get them darkbasic, this forum is the perfect place to give AMD some pointers by users.
        bridgman and friends are here, so yes... yes it is actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

I did in the kernel bug tracker as well. I don't like to complain but it's the tenth time MST regresses and it's clear that nobody tests it routinely.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Whilst it's not a kernel bug (I think), I'd appreciate it if they looked into an AMDVLK bug that happens when a system has multiple AMD GPU devices: https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/AMDVLK/issues/305

I guess maybe this doesn't apply to that many systems? But I assume this impact will include more systems as AMD desktop CPUs with integrated GPUs become more popular

Comment

Meanwhile in Nvidia land... I still can't run Wayland without a ton of bugs. Heck, I can't even open apps like Cura without setting a flag first. Those command bar menus on VSCode always end up glitching on me. And there's a ton of UI bugs in Gnome and KDE.

I've tried Fedora, Ubuntu, Manjaro. Even on my 3070ti, most Linux distro live discs don't actually boot to anything more than a blank screen - unless I specify fallback graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbine View Post
                I've tried Fedora, Ubuntu, Manjaro. Even on my 3070ti, most Linux distro live discs don't actually boot to anything more than a blank screen - unless I specify fallback graphics.
                Might be because NVidia doesn't implement ibt that is turned on since 5.18 by default.
                NVIDIA Open GPU Kernel Modules Version 515.43.04 Does this happen with the proprietary driver (of the same version) as well? Yes Operating System and Version Arch Linux Kernel Release 5.18.0-arch1-...

Since I switched to AMD I had not a single issue with GPU drivers.

Comment

Working...
                X