We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
    Are you going to test the cards in combination with newest AMD CPUs and Chipsets for Smart Access Memory/resizable BAR ?
    resizable bar should work on all reasonably modern hardware(but of course newest amd cpus will give you best speed)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I like that Michael is the only guy in the office, yet still have Phoronix-branded beer holder pads. 😂
      I'd be interested in purchasing some.

Comment

So odd having a 1 day review embargo. Given that these cards come out tomorrow? Normally they give it a 7-day or more so reviewers have time to crunch numbers, 1 day seems like a last minute joke!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          So odd having a 1 day review embargo. Given that these cards come out tomorrow? Normally they give it a 7-day or more so reviewers have time to crunch numbers, 1 day seems like a last minute joke!
          I'm sure the cards are sent much earlier and the unboxing content is released only when AMD tells them to. Even the shittiest reviewer needs more than two days to review a GPU.

Comment

I am worried about AIB prices. Asus in Poland set price of 6800XT above MSRP 6900XT. That being said 6800XT looks promising from leaks.

Comment

Any word yet on "Pro" cards?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                Doppelbock - good choice 8,2% Alc ..perfect for the "difficult not posting results" situation
                Paulaners "Salvator" (redeemer)... would help you too
                I was trying to read something into that too, and didn't want to reply to Michael's coaster post, but while that may be good, old, traditional beer it's not their strongest. A different beer would have given me a different impression, I can only hope that we can't read any into that; considering AMD's claims (which I am not doubting).

Would NV Moet & Chandon Brut Rose, (187ml) been a better choice ...
                Last edited by JustRob; 17 November 2020, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Doppelbock - good choice 8,2% Alc ..perfect for the "difficult not posting results" situation
                  Paulaners "Salvator" (redeemer)... would help you too
                  Paulaners "Salvator" is good - I live in Bayern (Bavaria) so it is easy to get. Helles, Bock, Dopplebock, Dunkel. One of my favorites is actually from Rheinland-Pfalz - Park Pirmanator. It is a Hell Bock.

You got to love being in a country where bier is cheaper than soft drinks.
                  GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Tech people would get the joke on the spot, but unfortunately dumb press and "Facebook/Twitter" people would jump on AMD for being "sexist", making that poor, successful millionaire woman go trough a archaic stereotype, just to show a product she is very proud to bring to the market.
                    I think tech people are actually the ones who wouldn't get it. The press and social networks would certainly be filled with so much flame about the NVIDIA/AMD GPU wars there would be no margin for mistake. Also these are the groups who probably watched NVIDIA's release of the RTX 3000 series, to which the oven is a reference.

I don't see how taking a newly baked product out of the oven could be sexist. NVIDIA's CEO did it. If the thought process is that he can do it because he is a man, and she can't because she is a woman, then that thought is actually sexist. But, well, it's the internet so I don't doubt anything anymore.

Comment

I already have one. But "king-of-beer" individual tag would be funny
                      Let's be serious. King of beer can only go to a Belgian...

Comment

Working...
                      X