Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

    Phoronix: We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

    But can't tell you yet how it performs.....

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...on-RX-6800-Box

  • #2
    Hdmi 2.1?

    Comment


    • #3
      Wait AMDVLK tests

      Comment


      • #4
        So, Michael, are you telling us that you've been given cards by AMD to play with them.
        And that Valve's ACO/RADV Team members, have to wait until public availability and buy them ?
        Then also wait some more until the public ISA documentation is released ?

        I could be wrong, but I am wondering.. isn't it possible for AMD to fix this kind of anomaly with some early access development cards, under some NDA, that perhaps don't have the performance but at least have the features that can be tested and developed for ?
        My 2c .. even if this is not an official AMD effort, it still has a direct benefit from it. Better perception if bugs can be fixed in advance and to sell more units to the linux users..

        Comment


        • #5
          I like that Michael is the only guy in the office, yet still have Phoronix-branded beer holder pads. 😂

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
            So, Michael, are you telling us that you've been given cards by AMD to play with them.
            It seems to be such case as well as it works o Linux from 0-day

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              I like that Michael is the only guy in the office, yet still have Phoronix-branded beer holder pads. 😂
              Actually these pads are back from XDC2012 Chicago or so when I organized it and Phoronix hosted a beer event at the conference.... I think I ordered like 2k or something was the minimum quantity and thus still going through the surplus.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Can you tell us what you had to do with drivers?
                Are you testing on Ubuntu LTS and close sourced only?
                Does everything work with open source drivers?
                Is using open source drivers kernel git, LLVM git, mesa git, etc?
                Do you have to manually download the firmware files?

                I am hoping the situation is much better than the 5700XT release.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
                  Can you tell us what you had to do with drivers?
                  Are you testing on Ubuntu LTS and close sourced only?
                  Does everything work with open source drivers?
                  Is using open source drivers kernel git, LLVM git, mesa git, etc?
                  Do you have to manually download the firmware files?

                  I am hoping the situation is much better than the 5700XT release.
                  That info is presumably all covered by the 'review embargo' and thus you need to wait until launch day where I will spell out all of the Linux details.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Are you going to test the cards in combination with newest AMD CPUs and Chipsets for Smart Access Memory/resizable BAR ?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X