No announcement yet.

We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the Big Navi announcement live. I was so disappointed they didn't push a big oven grinding through the stage for Lisa Su to take the big card out of it. Missed opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      All of my launch day testing is indeed on a Ryzen 9 5950X system and the resizable BAR is enabled from the BIOS.
      I'd be very curious to see how it performs on an Intel system too, primarily because of SAM. I think the lack of SAM would have a greater impact on performance than PCIe 3.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

All of my launch day testing is indeed on a Ryzen 9 5950X system and the resizable BAR is enabled from the BIOS.
        Nice to see you mention the resizeable BAR!

Are there new firmware files available somewhere... ? Nothing here: https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5...ucode/?C=M;O=D

Comment

Really cool that they send you review samples now!

Comment

Doppelbock - good choice 8,2% Alc ..perfect for the "difficult not posting results" situation
            Paulaners "Salvator" (redeemer)... would help you too

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
              Really cool that they send you review samples now!
              They generally do for the past few generations where the Linux support has been in order.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Any reason why the 6800 XT box is bigger? The card seems to be a bit higher but same length and depth? Only so people grab the bigger box?

Comment

Love that beer

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
                    I watched the Big Navi announcement live. I was so disappointed they didn't push a big oven grinding through the stage for Lisa Su to take the big card out of it. Missed opportunity.
                    Tech people would get the joke on the spot, but unfortunately dumb press and "Facebook/Twitter" people would jump on AMD for being "sexist", making that poor, successful millionaire woman go trough a archaic stereotype, just to show a product she is very proud to bring to the market.

Comment

I just don't get one thing: They sent you 6800 and 6800XT but not the MI100? did they forget that Phoronix is all about Linux, which is the main target for the Mi100??

Comment

Working...
                      X