AMD's Marek Olšák Lands Even More OpenGL Threading Improvements Into Mesa 20.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

Sharing code within the same open source project is not leeching in the slightest, in fact it's one of mesa's biggest strengths.
    I know, but I wrote this, because some babbling was babbling about parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by PublicNuisance View Post
      Hopefully these patches help with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
      I think ACO when ported to radeonsi will help too with that game.

Comment

Seems like GLthread and ACO are going to be highlights for Mesa this year. Mesa 20.1 will be exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          after i read all comments i understand why linux is less than 1%
          Linux on mobile phones is a dominant OS, so you have no clue. I'm still trying to figure out why Intel CPUs are such security mess? They should be forbidden till fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta

Oh, and you sh1tposted stuff from 2002. It's you who want Intel to leech on AMD work, so this makes you not only a hypocrite, but parasite as well. Ps. I'm still trying to figure how such cancerous wretch can type? I'm also curious why this useless bitch comment is still there?
            Funny, that copy-n-paste braindead post you made from 2005 consisting of crap written by lawyers who were never even AMD employees is considered HOLY TRUTH that must be scraped from Reddit and barfed into conversation threads with a macro. You literally didn't even read your own post so you didn't even know it was from 2005 you PoS.

However, when I accurately post about the words spoken by the CEO and founder of AMD under oath in court, it's suddenly "shit" because you don't want to hear what the actual CEO and founder of AMD actually said. Yes, this is your level of stupid.

I bet you'd deny your own grandma a cure for Coronavirus if you thought that an Intel product was used to help make it. Then you'd turn around and accuse Intel of killing her just to stroke your own idiotic ego.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Funny, that copy-n-paste braindead post you made from 2005 consisting of crap written by lawyers who were never even AMD employees is considered HOLY TRUTH that must be scraped from Reddit and barfed into conversation threads with a macro. You literally didn't even read your own post so you didn't even know it was from 2005 you PoS.
              Intel loses in courts (UE, Japan) affected it in positive way, but it was forced on it.

However, when I accurately post about the words spoken by the CEO and founder of AMD under oath in court, it's suddenly "shit" because you don't want to hear what the actual CEO and founder of AMD actually said. Yes, this is your level of stupid.
              You were babbling in your first comment, so you're as accurate as a blind mole.

I bet you'd deny your own grandma a cure for Coronavirus if you thought that an Intel product was used to help make it. Then you'd turn around and accuse Intel of killing her just to stroke your own idiotic ego.
              If Intel product were used it would be probably hacked before being useful. Except after dozens of mitigations and i486 performance. Ps. it seems you're going down, Intel boy. Intel will be in big trouble in not so distant future. I merit them for their work on Open Source, but putting nearly entire World at risk, because of their security flaws is something that cannot be forgotten.
              Last edited by Volta; 06 April 2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                If Marek keeps working at this pace MESA will become faster than the Nvidia blob soon.
                Mesa is already better than the blob for quite a while.

Comment

wow linux is really shining these days. things never been this good in the 10 years that i have been using. the entire desktop works out of the box mostly audio/gpu/de and whats not. We have first class DEs like KDE, Mate3 among others and gaming on linux has been this easy or performant. the entire stack literally shines on fairly recent hardware from amds somewhat open source gpu drivers to mesa improvements picking up. its been a remarkable time in linux land lately. Kudos to all the folks that pitch in.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Mesa is already better than the blob for quite a while.
                    IIRC in the latest benchmarks here at Phoronix the nvidia blob was faster in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Relax and be patient. Are you using the latest Kernel/Mesa/libdrm? Perhaps your issues are already solved, if not, i am sure they will be fixed soon. RDNA is a kinda new-ish architecure so i suppose it was going to be hard to early adopters. Even on Windows.
                      Well, define "patient" and "new-ish"?
                      I'm waiting 5 month now and the architecture is ~9 month old. Is it a matter of years?

Oh and I'm running latest GIT versions of mesa and stuff and the latest amd-staging-drm-next kernel, so no, it definitely isn't fix at the moment. Seems like an issue that isn't exclusive to Navi, but existing on older architectures as well :-(
                      Last edited by RBilettess; 06 April 2020, 03:48 PM. Reason: Added additional info

Comment

Working...
                      X