No announcement yet.

AMD's Marek Olšák Lands Even More OpenGL Threading Improvements Into Mesa 20.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOh Volta sh1tposted regurgitated stuff from 2005 that he scraped from Reddit. Meanwhile:

AMD Chief testifies in Microsoft's favor

Jerry Sanders says requiring the software maker to sell a stripped-down version of Windows "would have harmful effects" on his company and the economy worldwide.

Jerry Sanders says requiring the software maker to sell a stripped-down version of Windows "would have harmful effects" on his company and the economy worldwide.

That's right, AMD sues Intel to try to get money every few years (yawn) but the CEO of your religion testified, under oath in federal court, that Microsoft WAS NOT A MONOPOLY.
    And then you come on a Linux and Free-software centric website spreading hypocrisy and lies that it's somehow immoral for non-AMD hardware to benefit from open source software while soiling yourself when somebody points out what a parasite you are?

Comment

This thread escalated quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

It wasn't only about marketing:

[/INDENT]
        Nobody with half a brain cell ever used ICC anyway so ... moot point.

Comment

Sigh...
          I really wish AMD or somebody else would fix those "ring vcn_enc0 timeout" errors on my Navi card :-(
          I'm plagued by these since I got that card and nothing is done, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
            This thread escalated quickly.
            Faster than Marek's glthread.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta
              It's you who want Intel to leech on AMD work
              Sharing code within the same open source project is not leeching in the slightest, in fact it's one of mesa's biggest strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by RBilettess View Post
                Sigh...
                I really wish AMD or somebody else would fix those "ring vcn_enc0 timeout" errors on my Navi card :-(
                I'm plagued by these since I got that card and nothing is done, it seems.
                Relax and be patient. Are you using the latest Kernel/Mesa/libdrm? Perhaps your issues are already solved, if not, i am sure they will be fixed soon. RDNA is a kinda new-ish architecure so i suppose it was going to be hard to early adopters. Even on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

Sharing code within the same open source project is not leeching in the slightest, in fact it's one of mesa's biggest strengths.
                  Yeah. Intel and AMD should be sharing MORE code, not less. If they want to compete, compete in silicon, not in MESA.

Comment

after i read all comments i understand why linux is less than 1%

Comment

Hopefully these patches help with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Comment

Working...
                      X