• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reposted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...e_radv_vulkan/

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Cool

BTW, for radv they are confirming it working now with v2 strlen instead of sizeof... so that is probably it, working everywhere
      indeed, v2 works. We finally have FreeSync everywhere now! Now I need the fix for higher display rates more than ever. A driver frame limiter would also be very useful now

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post

indeed, v2 works. We finally have FreeSync everywhere now! Now I need the fix for higher display rates more than ever. A driver frame limiter would also be very useful now
        Chilly Willy Wanted

Comment

Can anyone also please test radv / radeonsi freesync in fullscreen games using KWin / Wayland session with KDE? Wine + XWayland would be also good to test.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            Can anyone also please test radv / radeonsi freesync in fullscreen games using KWin / Wayland session with KDE? Wine + XWayland would be also good to test.
            I don't think this can work until comparable functionality like in amdgpu DDX has been implemented into the compositor.

Edit: Now that the revisited patch seems to work: Great job @ Bas & Michel!
            Last edited by aufkrawall; 18 March 2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Wow, this blew up! Please don't start a donation action on my behalf ... (seriously, money is not the issue. )

Since I have a working patch now and a way to test most of the way without a freesync monitor, as well as several test reports, everyone still testing probably has very little additional value, so please don't test on my behalf.

Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post
                Wow, this blew up! Please don't start a donation action on my behalf ... (seriously, money is not the issue. )

Since I have a working patch now and a way to test most of the way without a freesync monitor, as well as several test reports, everyone still testing probably has very little additional value, so please don't test on my behalf.

Thank you all!
                Thanks for implementing this! Hopefully Wayland use case will be addressed by compositors as well.

Comment

Is it realistic to expect this to end up in one of the Mesa 19.0 point releases?

Comment

shmerl (Feels like we interacted quite a bit these days) If I got this right from the sway/wlroots issue, it would just be a matter of the compositor detecting when the fullscreen xwayland window has a VRR property enabled, and setting a drm property accordingly. Supporting xwayland would already go a long way in adding VRR support on Wayland.

Otherwise, it looks like a new protocol is needed on Wayland to communicate the "vrr property" quoted above from an application (example: OpenGL game) to the compositor.
                    Or maybe let the compositor decide somehow ?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                      shmerl (Feels like we interacted quite a bit these days) If I got this right from the sway/wlroots issue, it would just be a matter of the compositor detecting when the fullscreen xwayland window has a VRR property enabled, and setting a drm property accordingly. Supporting xwayland would already go a long way in adding VRR support on Wayland.

Otherwise, it looks like a new protocol is needed on Wayland to communicate the "vrr property" quoted above from an application (example: OpenGL game) to the compositor.
                      Or maybe let the compositor decide somehow ?
                      Thanks for posting there. I'm not really an expert in Wayland protocols and compositors, so can't say exactly what would be needed. Some input from those who really know would be useful. May be inviting some people from Kwin there would help.

Comment

Working...
                      X