Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon R600 Gallium3D Driver Nearly At OpenGL 4.5, Remaining Bits Being Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that soft-fp64 will be finished, soon. That would be marvellous. I guess the majority of cards doesn't feature this in HW. I wonder if my old HD 3870 was able to do it...
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      I hope that soft-fp64 will be finished, soon. That would be marvellous. I guess the majority of cards doesn't feature this in HW. I wonder if my old HD 3870 was able to do it...
      HD 3870 have doubles, but is incapable of doing GL4 so

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ocessing_units

Just look at doubles colummn plus if GL4 is along side, these EG/NI got it easy... and else of EG/NI needs soft-fp64. But before that even if it have doubles it is unusable since does not support GL4, blah, blah...

So TeraScale 2 and 3 can do GL4 but some miss doubles and no love for TeraScale 1 since even when some of these have doubles it can't do GL4 anyway
      Last edited by dungeon; 25 January 2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
        good work, some week 3d apps need ogl 4 and run in these cards without problems even my old hd 4890 1 ghz edition can have use for ogl 4
        That card is listed in Wikipedia as only supporting OpenGL 3.3, so I doubt that these patches will change anything for you, since the card itself is not capable of OpenGL 4.

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post
          Did you try R600_DEBUG=nosb? For me this helped with a lockup in Alien Isolation. Also for the second bug it could help, because sb sometimes clobbers the shader (i.e. some piglits that pass without sb fail when it is enabled).
          Not yet, but thanks for advice! I will look into this.

Comment

Oohhh! This is great, I may have to dig my old HD4870 out its box and put another system together, I've got enough parts laying around. I always loved that card, it served me very well and I could never part with it.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
              ...especially considering what GPUs are selling for, these days.
              Still unwilling to sell that kidney huh?

Comment

One r600 issue, I don't want to assume things, hopefully someone will test it:

Comment

Michael karolherbst speaking of OpenCL conformance test, how is the situation for Nouveau?

Comment

A question: I have Mesa 17.3.3, and a Radeon HD7750 card. Why does glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version" return that I have OpenGL 3.0 only?

Comment

I now bite people when they say "Linux ATI drivers suck". I bought a Kaveri processor in 2014 that barely worked with the open driver, now it's running Vulkan and just gets progressively faster and more stable. I've got a 6870 at work and I can remember how long it would take a vbell in an xterm with fglrx.

The work the guys have done with AMD video, new and old, is just impressive as hell. I'm going to replace my Kaveri with a Raven Ridge but I think that one will hit the ground running, but it'll still be fun watching the performance continually improving.

Thanks to the devs for all their work, I hope it's fun for them too.

Comment

Working...
                      X