NVIDIA Continues Discussing Their Controversial Wayland Plans With Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Wayland is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but Nvidia is holding it back. Excuse me for not following Wayland closely enough to know it made its way into embedded stuff.
    ... are you being serious?
    Why are you taking this so personally, and responding so aggressively?

Comment

Really? So waht would you call this: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/101423
      i call this proprietary piece of shit which works on some arbitrary subset of linux for some arbitrary definition of 'works', like 'passed few shitty tests in nvidia lab'
      They may have no driver that you like, but making statements like the above only makes you sound like a zealot
      i showed you multitude of linuxes on which it does not work at all, so making statements like the above only makes you sound like and idiot.
      actually, they have windows driver that you like, which happen to work on you particularly castrated install of linux, and you want to declare it linux driver due to stockholm syndrome
      Last edited by pal666; 05 April 2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post

... are you being serious?
        Why are you taking this so personally, and responding so aggressively?
        What in my post looked aggressive to you? I just have an issue with the direction of this thread.

pal666 Ignore list it is.

Comment

nvidia slaves quickly run out of arguments

Comment

What in my post looked aggressive to you? I just have an issue with the direction of this thread.
            Wayland is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but Nvidia is holding it back. Excuse me for not following Wayland closely enough to know it made its way into embedded stuff
            That's pretty passive aggressive, I think, and yes, I think most people can tell that you're upset about Wayland.

Comment

That's pretty passive aggressive, I think, and yes, I think most people can tell that you're upset about Wayland.
              But that's just the thing: I don't care about Wayland. It will be ready when it will be ready. I'm only annoyed by people that constantly see any development that's not about Wayland as a threat or something. Like the world should take a break and concentrate exclusively on Wayland.

Comment

But that's just the thing: I don't care about Wayland. It will be ready when it will be ready. I'm only annoyed by people that constantly see any development that's not about Wayland as a threat or something. Like the world should take a break and concentrate exclusively on Wayland.
                I understand. I certainly read articles/comments that seem very misguided, but I try to not get too emotionally attached to any of it. I certainly don't always succeed, but I feel like it's an easier way to interact with an online community.
                Even recently I've involved with threads where I felt that the chances for a positive conclusion were small, so I just stopped responding. I hate it b/c I don't want the other party to think that I found their arguments persuasive, but it's a lot less stressful.

Comment

I understand. I certainly read articles/comments that seem very misguided, but I try to not get too emotionally attached to any of it. I certainly don't always succeed, but I feel like it's an easier way to interact with an online community.
                  Even recently I've involved with threads where I felt that the chances for a positive conclusion were small, so I just stopped responding. I hate it b/c I don't want the other party to think that I found their arguments persuasive, but it's a lot less stressful.
                  Hehe, I even took a few years break from Phoronix forums for exactly the same reasons.
                  So I guess we understand each other after all. And if I sounded offensive, I apologise, that was not my intention.

Comment

Hehe, I even took a few years break from Phoronix forums for exactly the same reasons.
                    So I guess we understand each other after all. And if I sounded offensive, I apologise, that was not my intention.
                    Yup, I think we do.
                    Sorry for misinterpreting your post.
                    I sometimes I wish that I could take a break from the internet, but then I hear about this One Simple Trick
                    WHERE ARE YOU, O, ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, FOR ONLY YOUR APPEARANCE CAN SAVE ME FROM THIS DREAD STATE!

Comment

My suspicion is that Intel is twisting NVIDIA's arm into disclosing IP or face boycotting. This is a lesson for Nvidia, as they left the FOSS arena to their most dangerous competitor.
                      Last edited by CppMan; 24 April 2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X