Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's Releasing An Overclocking Linux Driver Tomorrow

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Releasing An Overclocking Linux Driver Tomorrow

At long last NVIDIA is expected to release a new binary Linux driver tomorrow that will support GPU overclocking for the GeForce 400 series hardware and newer (Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell, inclusive). This first NVIDIA 337 series Linux driver release will also bring other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: NVIDIA's Releasing An Overclocking Linux Driver Tomorrow

At long last NVIDIA is expected to release a new binary Linux driver tomorrow that will support GPU overclocking for the GeForce 400 series hardware and newer (Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell, inclusive). This first NVIDIA 337 series Linux driver release will also bring other new features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY1NzE
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Finally overcloacking, now support mir and wayland

Comment

Will it support 3.14 kernel??

After upgrading to the last kernel on my opensuse, I was unable to compile the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-334.21 driver

Comment

I wonder if this is going to be implemented to all the platforms under the "Unix drivers" rubric. Should be known by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by phdemartin View Post
          After upgrading to the last kernel on my opensuse, I was unable to compile the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-334.21 driver
          this driver sounds promising even to windows...
          "Nvidia revealed in a talk at GTC that the DX11 API update that was showcased on the previous GTC session will arrive in the form of a Geforce Driver, more specifically the Geforce 337.xx Driver. It will be released sometime in April and will result in very significant performance gains inside the DX11 API itself. The new driver takes a well known approach to solve CPU overhead without moving to a new API (DX12 for example). The approach is called ‘Tiled Resources’ and a weak variant of the same is also used in Mantle API. This will also grant Developers more control at the Assembly level."

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidias-dx11-dri...#ixzz2yAZArcvl

Comment

Works fine on 3.14 on Arch.

Comment

Well it's about time

Comment

Run the following. Download this kernel patch Download the NVIDIA driver version NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-331.49.bin from root execute:    ...

Comment

Hopefully we can now use AA together with FXAA, for Flightgear etc. like on Windows.

Comment

What's there to play? Metro Last Light?

NVIDIA should help nouveau more, not implement features required by 1% of Linux users (i.e. 0.01% computers users in general).

Comment

Working...
                    X