Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 535.98 Linux Driver Released With Several Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 535.98 Linux Driver Released With Several Fixes

NVIDIA today rolled out a new stable point release in their R535 series for Linux users to provide a handful of bug fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-k...les/issues/511 is fixed, though the previous release claimed to already have it fixed which it didn't for lots of people.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
      Hopefully https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-k...les/issues/511 is fixed, though the previous release claimed to already have it fixed which it didn't for lots of people.
      It didn't fix the flicker issue

Comment

Will be fixed in the next major mesa release.

Comment

I fell behind in nVidia news, but I recall, maybe a year ago or so, having read about nVidia publishing a free-as-in-freedom linux GPU driver or something like that. What's its current state?

Comment

Apparently NVIDIA posted by mistake the changelog from a previous version, it has now been corrected:

Release Highlights
            • Fixed an issue which caused the following error message to appear spuriously when using SLI with the NVIDIA Open GPU Kernel Modules:
              (EE) NVIDIA: Unable to disable FB size compare
            • Fixed a bug which prevented DKMS from registering kernel modules.
            • Fixed a bug which could cause the screen to flicker.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
              I fell behind in nVidia news, but I recall, maybe a year ago or so, having read about nVidia publishing a free-as-in-freedom linux GPU driver or something like that. What's its current state?
              You can use it along with the NVIDIA's user space stack. All by itself it's nearly useless.

No work has been done to upstream it and NVIDIA doesn't seem to be interested either.

Originally posted by gtsegas View Post
              Apparently NVIDIA posted by mistake the changelog from a previous version, it has now been corrected:

Release Highlights
              • Fixed an issue which caused the following error message to appear spuriously when using SLI with the NVIDIA Open GPU Kernel Modules:
                (EE) NVIDIA: Unable to disable FB size compare
              • Fixed a bug which prevented DKMS from registering kernel modules.
              • Fixed a bug which could cause the screen to flicker.

You've been lurking here for four years and finally decided to post a comment? Whoa :-)

Comment

You've been lurking here for four years and finally decided to post a comment? Whoa :-)
                Yep, I guess it's the excitement for my new RTX 3060 :-)

...coming from an ancient 450 GTS, the main reason for the upgrade being that NVIDIA won't fix important/annoying bugs in their "legacy" drivers <sigh>

Maybe I go with AMD for the next one... in another 11 years or so :-D

Comment

Originally posted by gtsegas View Post

Yep, I guess it's the excitement for my new RTX 3060 :-)

...coming from an ancient 450 GTS, the main reason for the upgrade being that NVIDIA won't fix important/annoying bugs in their "legacy" drivers <sigh>

Maybe I go with AMD for the next one... in another 11 years or so :-D
                  I was the same; 'voyeur' for years before registering, more time, then posting. Havent stopped dribbling since 🤪

Welcome aboard, Sailor!
                  Hi

Comment

is this GSP section new ? https://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree...EADME/gsp.html.

Comment

Working...
                    X