NVIDIA 535.98 Linux Driver Released With Several Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luno View Post
    Nah, been there for a long time now. That's for drivers released on September 20, 2021, almost two years ago:

I've not bothered to look deeper.
    Last edited by avis; 10 August 2023, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fulalas View Post

It didn't fix the flicker issue
      You using wayland or xorg? What gpu? What is it that is flickering? Is your display type IPS or VA? If it is a VA you may have to disable gsync and drive it that way. In all honesty gsync is nice but you have to really look for the difference, in some cases turning it off offers even lower input latency.
      Last edited by creative; 13 August 2023, 12:25 AM.

Comment

This driver went off without a hitch on Slackware current. I did have to 'flatpak update' though, which is typical after updating the nvidia driver.

Obtw, for any of you wanting to try the steam flatpak, I found out you can do a flatpak search vkbasalt and install whats available. You can then drive steam games with vkbasalt, you may have to manually setup the conf for it though, had to do that with steam native anyway not a big deal.
        Last edited by creative; 12 August 2023, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Jees, there's so many wrappers and addons and whatnot to gaming at the moment. But, thats the ecosystem we all love! I jist haveto say, hats off to all those who hack on linux and come up with this shit.
          Hi

Comment

Well it can all get pretty interesting to be honest. I have played around doing some pretty experimental stuff. For instance on Manjaro I had both post-processing libraries for reshade and vanilla vkbasalt. Reshade had it's own version known and dumped into vkbasalt.conf as SMAA 'all caps, now vanilla vkbasalt on the other hand has smaa, lower caps. What I did was actually stack them, effects = SMAA:smaa:cas. For certain older games like Dead Space 2008 and Mass Effect 2 2010, they pretty much have no anti-aliasing. In some games the AA is so bad I turn it off and inject vkbasalt. Layering different types of AA can be pretty interesting. For instance both tightened up versions of smaa can actually be layered across some forms of in-game AA with virtually no performance impact but what you get is some of the best AA active in a game you have ever seen in some titles, especially with the last pass of the post-fx sharpening filter cas.

I'd really like to pick up on some advanced scripting or perhaps a language that doesn't take a 1/4 lifetime to learn to really get into the guts of some of this stuff. At least I can start off with shell scripting, that at least gets the brain wheels moving in sync to maybe be more prepared for actually picking up a language. Tiny shell scripts are too damn easy to do, the more advanced scripts, those I have a desire to learn how to make.

Outside of steam is actually where things dial up to a fever pitch with Lutris, that's when I start applying things like dgvoodoo2 that can be very interesting to mess with. Dgvoodoo, lord oh lord damn and here is where seemingly impossible things to do get turned on their heads. You get to have a lot and I mean a lot of granular control of things minus steams shader compiling if you go the GOG route. The only thing I have yet to get working properly is The Wheel Of Time's Quick Time videos scaling to full screen properly, there has to be a way I can get into one of those files somewhere and get it to scale right, definitely on my bucket list. One of the hilarious things about lutris is, is that you get games running that just flat refuse to work for people no matter what they do in Windows 10 or 11. For a lot of people they couldn't get Clive Barkers Undying going, not here, I found it pretty fantastic.
            Last edited by creative; 13 August 2023, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X