NVIDIA 545 Linux Driver To Support Vulkan Apps With PRIME On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 545 Linux Driver To Support Vulkan Apps With PRIME On Wayland

Phoronix: NVIDIA 545 Linux Driver To Support Vulkan Apps With PRIME On Wayland

It's still some ways away with the NVIDIA 535 driver series currently in beta but with the NVIDIA 545 Linux driver series to succeed that there will finally be support for Vulkan games/apps running via PRIME for GPU offloading under Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It already supports the most common use case, ie. running Vulkan Xwayland stuff with PRIME. Still it's nice they are filling out the gaps in Wayland support.

Comment

Nice picture!

Comment

Awesome! Nvidia support is more and more concrete.

Comment

I don't understand these "Fixed prime" (multiple times) stuff, it was always working for me? In fact, I can't disable it very easily, Nvidia takes the vulkan priority without excluding icd filenames and stuff. (i.e. in vkcube, wait is that Xwayland?)

Comment

They're slowly getting there

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
              They're slowly getting there
              Slooooooow-ly.

Comment

Good. I'm still on X11 currently (Gnome 44), but want to switch to Wayland eventually.

Comment

Wonder if the driver will also fix the high hz rate bug on wayland for MANY nvidia cards.
                  Basically prevents me from using Wayland with my 4090, there are workarounds but just flat out annoying to have to remember to do them every single fricken bootup!

Comment

Awesome. At this rate it might be possible to recommend Nvidia laptops for Linux users in about 15 years,

Comment

Working...
                    X