• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

to tell people something positive about nvidia is not a problem
    somebody apposes is not a problem
    say f off is not a problem...

but what is a problem: tell people in a linux forum to buy windows 10 for 10€ to play games.
    and i tell you why:
    https://www.golem.de/news/windows-un...03-154691.html
    in germany microsoft does sue anyone who buy cheap 10€ windows lizence keys on ebay.
    this means birdie is really a destructive person who want to hurt people.

if someone follow birdie advice buy a 10€ key on ebay and then microsoft sue him he has to pay 3000€ fine or 3 years in prison.
    then it is clear that birdie is a criminal.
    I'd just like to point out the reselling of genuine licence keys in the EU is not illegal and you cannot be sued for that.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...en-online.html
    Last edited by Slartifartblast; 05 March 2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
      Honestly, i recognize what Intel AMD and Nvidia do. All of them have own good sides and bad sides. But problem of actual constructive discussion of any sort, is that there is a ton of AMD fanboys, and even some tech reviewers in the past admitted that they have to be careful with criticizing AMD because tons of haters jump on them. Der8auer made extremly good video on that https://youtu.be/x03FyPQ3a3E
      Literally if you have reason to hate Nvidia, people jump on Nvidia. Fine.
      If people find a reason to hate Intel, people jump on Intel as well. Fine.
      Try to hate AMD. people will jump on you.
      Who cares about any of this inane bollocks? If you pay any attention to any kind of fanboy, you're as braindead as they are and are on the same level as them, which is why you're rubbing shoulders with them in the first place. I don't come across fanboys because I don't visit sites that attract lowest common denominator pseudo-intellectuals, the prime example of which is Reddit.

Well, except for Phoronix that is...

Comment

I'm reading this as "Nvidia driver promises to be slightly less awful" for wayland.

I'm not a software engineer, but I understand Nvidia's stance on gallium. They have a lot invested, and nothing to gain from 'handing over the keys'.

Could Nvidia do some sort of compromise where we the proprietary driver loads up and handles clocking/fans/hardware, but allows a gallium driver to run the actual GPU?

Comment

I think this is the kind of support which is wanted by the nouveau team too. And it hasn't happend yet due to firmware signing ..etc issues.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

Birdie went overboard for sure, but reason why he looks so outrageous is because he is a single person on opposite barricade, I could count moments Pal666 went overboard even worse yet no one ever gonna ban him because more people are on same side of barricade as him.
            Reason why he is so outrageous is that he is a INTEL/NVIDIA fanboy, and takes any criticism on these companies at a personal and emotional level. He is a single person on this "barricade" because he is virtually the only one who comes at AMD topics and starts posting nonsense and lies (was called out for that numerous times). Sure, some of posts about NVIDIA here are rather reductive and say "FOSS single minded", but at least they are not about telling people to "suck a d**k", like the ones birdie posts in AMD threads. So yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

if you buy a key on ebay how can you find out it is genuine or not ?
              If you buy anything on Ebay how do you know it's genuine or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
                Reason why he is so outrageous is that he is a INTEL/NVIDIA fanboy, and takes any criticism on these companies at a personal and emotional level. He is a single person on this "barricade" because he is virtually the only one who comes at AMD topics and starts posting nonsense and lies (was called out for that numerous times). Sure, some of posts about NVIDIA here are rather reductive and say "FOSS single minded", but at least they are not about telling people to "suck a d**k", like the ones birdie posts in AMD threads. So yeah.
                I have you blacklisted for a reason.
                • I've now asked you twice to quote a single message of mine where I shill for NVIDIA/Intel - you've never provided anything
                • I've owned an AMD system (Ryzen 7 3700X + an X570 mobo) for close to two years now. A year ago I bought a Radeon RX 5600XT but due to critical bugs both under Windows and Linux I had to sell it five months later because I wanted to play games and use it, not wait until AMD releases a proper working driver
                • I would love to see my "nonsense and lies" statements about either AMD or Wayland.
                So, go ahead and provide a single quote which proves any of your far-reaching statements. Too bad there will be nothing.
                Last edited by birdie; 06 March 2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

to tell people something positive about nvidia is not a problem
                  somebody apposes is not a problem
                  say f off is not a problem...

but what is a problem: tell people in a linux forum to buy windows 10 for 10€ to play games.
                  and i tell you why:
                  https://www.golem.de/news/windows-un...03-154691.html
                  in germany microsoft does sue anyone who buy cheap 10€ windows lizence keys on ebay.
                  this means birdie is really a destructive person who want to hurt people.

if someone follow birdie advice buy a 10€ key on ebay and then microsoft sue him he has to pay 3000€ fine or 3 years in prison.
                  then it is clear that birdie is a criminal.
                  This has never been confirmed or corroborated by any other news outlet. You're excellent at spreading misinformation. It's impossible to prove how you've purchased an OEM license, so despite these licenses having been sold for over six years now not a single company or individual has been sued.
                  Last edited by birdie; 06 March 2021, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                    and have insecure, broken POS? No, thanks.
                    How does a valid license key make Windows 10 insecure/broken PoS? Enlighten us!

Comment

this man just hate FLOSS and is only here to smear and bully all the opensource people.

the question is why he does not install windows 10 and use his closed source nvidia driver and just leave this forum ?

no one knows
                      Artem S. Tashkinov is an avid supporter of the Open Source movement and Open Source projects. He has helped to resolve numerous bugs across many open source projects such as the Linux kernel, KDE, Wine, GCC, Midnight Commander, X.org and many others. He's been using Linux exclusively since 1999.

Sorry, I've done for open source more than 95% of Phoronix users combined. I can imagine you've probably filed at most 5 bug reports in your entire life, most of which were either invalid or duplicates. I've helped fix close to a dozen bugs in the Linux kernel alone, some of which critical.

Michael has banned me for 24 hours, I'm OK with that, but I'm not OK with various Phoronix individuals slandering and sh*tting on me.

Comment

Working...
                      X