NVIDIA 470 Linux Driver Series To Be "Even More Wayland-Friendly"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post

at the same time you can spend the whole $10 for an OEM license and run software at native speed without bugs and crashes. Oh, damn.
    and have insecure, broken POS? No, thanks.

Comment

It seems nvidia wants to buy some of us, but kindly FU nvidia with your proprietary POS drivers.

Comment

dmabuf means proprietary nvidia users could get vp9 hardware acceleration in firefox via vdpau over vaapi with the appropriate patched packages

Comment

Someone has started to delete my comments, ok, looks like whoever is moderating these forums is biased and partial and people are welcome to crap on nvidia while reasonable voices are being shut down.
          What a delusional clown!

Comment

And this, is how birdie ruins threads.

1. Say something positive about NVIDIA
            2. Somebody opposes
            3. Say "kindly f off"
            4. ???
            5. Flamewar Started!

This is obvious fanboy behavior, even if he does not think he is...
            The other thing that ticks me off is that he put so much info in his profile to look more important, and even his whole ignore list... Is he this full of hate?

I just hope he doesn't start to spit out hate mail to Phoronix....
            Last edited by tildearrow; 05 March 2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

While long overdue, hopefully this'll help move Wayland adoption and fixes along. I don't like it, but most numbers show Nvidia having a lot of Linux users.

Comment

Originally posted by sn99 View Post
                Maybe a forum about open-source and Linux is not for you ?
                this man just hate FLOSS and is only here to smear and bully all the opensource people.

the question is why he does not install windows 10 and use his closed source nvidia driver and just leave this forum ?

no one knows
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Someone has started to delete my comments, ok, looks like whoever is moderating these forums is biased and partial and people are welcome to crap on nvidia while reasonable voices are being shut down.
                  Something tells me if you had your way, you'd be banning half the users here. Seems like whoever is moderating you is doing everyone, including you, a favor. Perhaps you should take the hint and shut up. It's exhausting coming to the comments section about anything that has to do with Wayland and have you harp on about it, as though you're actually going to accomplish anything.

You have so much vitriol over the most petty things.

Comment

Well this thread is off to a great start. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                      And this, is how birdie ruins threads.
                      1. Say something positive about NVIDIA
                      2. Somebody opposes
                      3. Say "kindly f off"
                      4. ???
                      5. Flamewar Started!
                      This is obvious fanboy behavior, even if he does not think he is...
                      The other thing that ticks me off is that he put so much info in his profile to look more important, and even his whole ignore list... Is he this full of hate?
                      I just hope he doesn't start to spit out hate mail to Phoronix....
                      to tell people something positive about nvidia is not a problem
                      somebody apposes is not a problem
                      say f off is not a problem...

but what is a problem: tell people in a linux forum to buy windows 10 for 10€ to play games.
                      and i tell you why:

in germany microsoft does sue anyone who buy cheap 10€ windows lizence keys on ebay.
                      this means birdie is really a destructive person who want to hurt people.

if someone follow birdie advice buy a 10€ key on ebay and then microsoft sue him he has to pay 3000€ fine or 3 years in prison.
                      then it is clear that birdie is a criminal.
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                      X