Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Don't post while high.
    Look up perpetually; it means high all the time. And it doesn't affect my linux skills. (in fact maybe even enhances them!)

All in all, you're not _wrong_ but it's not a battle worth fighting for. MIchael could've worded the subject better, that's true. Other than that, nothing to see here folks.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
      All in all, you're not _wrong_ but it's not a battle worth fighting for. MIchael could've worded the subject better, that's true. Other than that, nothing to see here folks.
      Thanks for saying that. Peace.

Comment

Sounds good, I'm running a GTX 950 on driver 390.48 for Ubuntu 18.04. I wonder if these updates get fed through in the standard Ubuntu updates, since I went to 18.04 I haven't had any Nvidia updates at all. I suspect I might have to manually opt to have these delivered to me. Anyway - it can only be good news. I've had performance issues with Rise of The Tomb Raider and the boost looks very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom50 View Post
          Sounds good, I'm running a GTX 950 on driver 390.48 for Ubuntu 18.04. I wonder if these updates get fed through in the standard Ubuntu updates, since I went to 18.04 I haven't had any Nvidia updates at all. I suspect I might have to manually opt to have these delivered to me.
          First, it seems the 396 branch is no omission from this page - the package doesn't exist.

Second, I see neither Ubuntu 18.04 nor 396.54 drivers, here:

I'm not running 18.04, so I haven't paid attention to their stance on support for it.

As I recall, you can download their installer and it gives an option to create .deb files, rather than to install directly.

Download the English (US) Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver for Linux 64-bit systems. Released 2018.8.21

Comment

Working...
          X