No announcement yet.

Trying Out The Intel Vulkan Driver With F1 2017 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's more likely anv was never tested so the game may make assumptions about memory heaps for available formats, since VK is a low-level API it will fairly rare for complex apps to work without some testing on any driver.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
      [snip] before unified Direct3D and OpenGL.
      *LOL*

Comment

That's why my current laptop is Iris Pro, and I'm waiting for another laptop with Iris Plus!

Comment

It would be great to test Iris Graphics with F1 2017 considering it works on Mac with those chipsets.
          And yes I know the stack is completely different but at least it will be an embedded platform with enough graphics memory etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post

This is wrong. ANV was conformant since the vulkan release, and they are generally better at keeping up with the conformance tests & khronos extensions than RADV. I suspect RADV gets a stronger push from game developers and Valve though, which could result in games working better in general. However, give the intel developers a few days to look at this issue and I would not be surprised if it is fixed.
            You know... on Skylake and later, probably, but Ivybridge is definitely half-done. I never looked that closely because the only machine where it matters for me has a 3230M.

Comment

Working...
            X