AMD Releases Optimizing C/C++ Compiler For Ryzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

You may not be aware, but compiler optimizations are not only for hobbyists. Anyone in the HPC world is going to compile their app for the specific model and generation of CPU in the cluster. If the gains are significant enough, the major server OS's (think RHEL and SLES) would likely adopt them as well for general purpose computing.
    I suspect that most developers will at a minimum target the machine they are developing on and the target machines. Why wouldn't you is my question. The only thing here that might have. people being conservative is that Ryzen and thus compiler optimizations haven't been around for long thus there is a maturity factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
      Clear example of why the Clang licensing was heavily criticized by the FOSS community.

Enjoy your EULA now!
      Maybe the subset of the GPL3 community but over all in the open source world the Clang license isn't that bad. We must remember that there is more going on in the GPL3 community than just a love of open source.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I also get a feeling you are trying too soft, as you should try harder... i quoted Open Source Definiton author and you pretend that you do not understand it, should help you something if i quote Free Software author... on maybe this:
        You do realize that all you are doing here, is highlighting your ignorance of what AMD is doing to the whole world. Seriously take some time to look at what has been and will be upstreamed by and to GCC or the LLVM communities. The info is there, you don't need to trust me, Brigman or anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Can you please stop posting bullshit and poster-sized images now?
          Of course i have pictures for anybody , is this what you are looking for?

Choose for youself, Maybe this

As you see there are linux distros as much as you want to, one gma even wear red hat

People also usually complain on mine too much smiles used so

No antialiasing for downscaled 8K phone desktop OS friendly head sorry
          Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Of course i have pictures for anybody , is this what you are looking for?
            --
            Choose for youself, Maybe this
            ---

As you see there are linux distros as much as you want to, one gma even wear red hat

People also usually complain on mine too much smiles used so
            -----
            No antialiasing for downscaled 8K phone desktop OS friendly head sorry
            Hm, still posting bullshit, but no poster-sized images anymore. I guess this is as good as it gets.

Also plz fix the image links as I don't see anything in the forum (I looked at page source to see the image links).

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Hm, still posting bullshit, but no poster-sized images anymore. I guess this is as good as it gets.
              Nope, that post was BS indeed as you asked for it... just to realise how BS looks like

Also plz fix the image links as I don't see anything in the forum (I looked at page source to see the image links).
              Ah plenty of grandmas suddenly disappeared somehow, probably forum hit too much images per post - not mine error But nothing to fix, as if you don't want BS why you are asking for it?

If you don't like open source and free software grandpas and no gradmas, nor pictures... hm, then maybe Grand Shit Auto video? Forum exactly should scale it to your phone OS

Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

dungeon re: "who cares about internal" HCC has been open source for over a year and OpenCL/ROCm was released in open source recently. Does that help?
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  dungeon re: "who cares about internal" HCC has been open source for over a year and OpenCL/ROCm was released in open source recently. Does that help?
                  It doesn't, as i commented on where you mentioned of using llvm for ocl even before Tom blah, blah... and that is something like half decade plus ago, so who cares what you were using 5+ years ago internally
                  Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to gcc updates more than llvm/clang maybe i'm just getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                      Clear example of why the Clang licensing was heavily criticized by the FOSS community.

Enjoy your EULA now!
                      EULAs have no legal grounds. other than "yeah you use our service and we can ban you whenever we want" but even those are slippery slopes in court.

Comment

Working...
                      X