X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
    Sounds like a step backwards in a sense that they should try to mainline their stuff into clang rather than doing separate fork that few people will really use.
    It's possible that they broke the clang to such an extent that mainlining it would be hard. This is not too dissimilar with intels ICC compiler that used to produce better binaries some 7 years ago but I have no idea how well it works and who still uses it since I lost my free license some time ago and it was included in considerably expensive toolchain that intel ships with their stuff.
    Please read the first pages of the thread, it's already explained that this is just a compiler for those that need these features NOW (commercial entities usually), while the effort to mainline that stuff in clang is ongoing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sounds like a step backwards in a sense that they should try to mainline their stuff into clang rather than doing separate fork that few people will really use.
    It's possible that they broke the clang to such an extent that mainlining it would be hard. This is not too dissimilar with intels ICC compiler that used to produce better binaries some 7 years ago but I have no idea how well it works and who still uses it since I lost my free license some time ago and it was included in considerably expensive toolchain that intel ships with their stuff.
    Last edited by Guest; 22 May 2017, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by Cape View Post
    Clear example of why the Clang licensing was heavily criticized by the FOSS community.

Enjoy your EULA now!
    EULAs have no legal grounds. other than "yeah you use our service and we can ban you whenever we want" but even those are slippery slopes in court.

Leave a comment:

• Soul_keeper
    replied
    I'm looking forward to gcc updates more than llvm/clang maybe i'm just getting old.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    dungeon re: "who cares about internal" HCC has been open source for over a year and OpenCL/ROCm was released in open source recently. Does that help?
    It doesn't, as i commented on where you mentioned of using llvm for ocl even before Tom blah, blah... and that is something like half decade plus ago, so who cares what you were using 5+ years ago internally
    Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    dungeon re: "who cares about internal" HCC has been open source for over a year and OpenCL/ROCm was released in open source recently. Does that help?

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Hm, still posting bullshit, but no poster-sized images anymore. I guess this is as good as it gets.
    Nope, that post was BS indeed as you asked for it... just to realise how BS looks like

Also plz fix the image links as I don't see anything in the forum (I looked at page source to see the image links).
    Ah plenty of grandmas suddenly disappeared somehow, probably forum hit too much images per post - not mine error But nothing to fix, as if you don't want BS why you are asking for it?

If you don't like open source and free software grandpas and no gradmas, nor pictures... hm, then maybe Grand Shit Auto video? Forum exactly should scale it to your phone OS

Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Of course i have pictures for anybody , is this what you are looking for?
    --
    Choose for youself, Maybe this
    ---

As you see there are linux distros as much as you want to, one gma even wear red hat

People also usually complain on mine too much smiles used so
    -----
    No antialiasing for downscaled 8K phone desktop OS friendly head sorry
    Hm, still posting bullshit, but no poster-sized images anymore. I guess this is as good as it gets.

Also plz fix the image links as I don't see anything in the forum (I looked at page source to see the image links).

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Can you please stop posting bullshit and poster-sized images now?
    Of course i have pictures for anybody , is this what you are looking for?

Choose for youself, Maybe this

As you see there are linux distros as much as you want to, one gma even wear red hat

People also usually complain on mine too much smiles used so

No antialiasing for downscaled 8K phone desktop OS friendly head sorry
    Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 05:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I also get a feeling you are trying too soft, as you should try harder... i quoted Open Source Definiton author and you pretend that you do not understand it, should help you something if i quote Free Software author... on maybe this:
    You do realize that all you are doing here, is highlighting your ignorance of what AMD is doing to the whole world. Seriously take some time to look at what has been and will be upstreamed by and to GCC or the LLVM communities. The info is there, you don't need to trust me, Brigman or anybody else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X