No announcement yet.

AMD Loses A Corporate Fellow, HSA Expert To NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always been pretty obvious that counting HSA cores as computes was misleading. It needed AMD to dominate software development and that was never going to happen. Even still they count HSA in their compute performance even though almost nobody will ever see it. Like I said before red AMD sucks, green AMD was better.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
      Bam, nvidia is bleeding them dry. The end is nigh for AMD! Feeling so great for anticipating this and switching to nvidia cards a few years ago! Yeeeehaaaawww!
      So you feel great for been right at anticipating others bad odds?

Added to my ignore list.

Comment

Bridgman?

Comment

dungeon ?
          Test signature

Comment

Nothing, when i think HSA Linux i think of you.

Comment

I guess he got a good offer from nvidia and many people need a change after some time.
              I need to change where i work after some years or i stagnate.

Comment

people change jobs all the time, what is the problem?

Comment

hmm... maybe... if nVidia will reach AMDs catalyst driver quality... AMD might just have a chance :-P (jokes aside... i really hope they will!)

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    This may be disappointing news, but I don't think it's as bad as others may think. These people have pretty much completed the hard part of their work.
                    I agree. HSA work has pretty much been done to the point where main bottleneck will be with the SW acceptance than anything else. Other hard problems wrt to data coherence atec have been solved, if I understand them correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                      people change jobs all the time, what is the problem?

There is just this impression that AMD is a sinking ship, they are shedding their workforce and the stock doesn't look to hot either. May be ripe for takeover, which in the worst case means spinning off ATI and stripping the rest for patents...

Comment

Working...
                      X