OpenBLAS 0.3.20 Adds Support For Russia's Elbrus E2000, Arm Neoverse N2/V1 CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caligula View Post
    So is this Elbrus the arch the Russians will be focusing on after getting kicked out of SWIFT and all the other related sanctions (for killing innocent people in Ukraine in case somebody doesn't know)?
    Well, it doesnt have IME or TPP2, so its already better than anything by Intel or AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
      So is this Elbrus the arch the Russians will be focusing on after getting kicked out of SWIFT and all the other related sanctions (for killing innocent people in Ukraine in case somebody doesn't know)?
      Better be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it.
      As a European, I could correct you but you're not worth spending any more time on, you're just scum.

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

The US Afghanistan war is just second-hand, the Russians started and lost it.
      The British were there before either of those countries, and before them...... ah we'll leave it there

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

Well, it doesnt have IME or TPP2, so its already better than anything by Intel or AMD.
        But does it have integrated FSB?

Comment

Russia also has MIPS-based Baikal CPUs: https://bitserv.ru/en/processor-baik...lis-na-testah/

Oligopoly is never good, let's hope we see more diversity on the market in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
            It is like western countries are the innocent peaceful countries that do not hurt any other .
            That's a lot of text just to say "b-but other countries do it too". It's funny how people immediately resort to whataboutism ,i.e. non-arguments, as an attempt to deflect whenever they see criticism of a country(doesn't matter if it's Russia, the US or China) they are fond of.

Comment

Personally I think Putin is actually worried about the Russian army's potential losses, because Ukraine is really well equipped by now. (US weapons, Turkish drones, German helmets...)

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

What does that have to do with russia's impending invasion of ukraine and slaughter of innocent people? Are you trying to imply that its somehow ok because "other countries have done bad things too!" Sounds like toddler reasoning to me
                Genocide is always ok, because the Neanderthals did it too.

Comment

Originally posted by kobblestown View Post
                  It'd be nice to see some Elbrus performance numbers...
                  Absolute killer performance. Like reiserfs 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
                    Russia also has MIPS-based Baikal CPUs: https://bitserv.ru/en/processor-baik...lis-na-testah/

Oligopoly is never good, let's hope we see more diversity on the market in the coming years.
                    I think one can argue that the "best practice" for a general purpose ISA is a relatively straightforward RISC style design, but that the exact details don't really matter. So there's relatively little benefit from 'yet another standard RISC ISA', as that loses the economy of scale in software support. By all means, let there be a zillion different implementations of that ISA by a myriad of companies, research institutions or, somebody's personal softcore github project. See RISC-V for the realization of that kind of thought; it's not the ISA itself that is super exciting or vastly better than, say, aarch64, but rather the free-for-all model.

Comment

Originally posted by osw89 View Post
                      That's a lot of text just to say "b-but other countries do it too". It's funny how people immediately resort to whataboutism ,i.e. non-arguments, as an attempt to deflect whenever they see criticism of a country(doesn't matter if it's Russia, the US or China) they are fond of.
                      Does that change the fact that other countries do that? IMHO we really should stop politics discussion on tech forum. I'm pretty sure Russian people would still stay on Russian point of view, Western people on Western POV and Eastern on their own. But I'd like to avoid nuclear war in Europe which could happen thanks to US meddling and insisting on more and more extensive sanctions.

Comment

Working...
                      X