Hygon Dhyana: Chinese x86 Server CPUs Based On AMD Zen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    AMD still holds the license to the x86_64 chips, if they break the agreement they did then Intel is fucked as much as AMD is.

And EU? Can I remind you that there are like 5 nations with comparable GDP as Russia (and much better technology and industry) there?
    Seriously, Russia has the same GDP as Texas, it's not a superpower, they aren't soviet anymore.
    That's not even taking into account the myriads of patents to extensions from both AMD and Intel that they cross-license. I doubt Intel has the money either to wait in courts with all their CPU's pulled out from markets while they wait for AMD to run out of money. That's not really in the interest of shareholders either

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      I am not that familiar with Buddhist culture - so I refrain from further comments.
      Asian religions in general tend to encourage excelling at traditions more than innovation. And asian cultures tend to focus on the group more than individual, so each person is pressured to be a good cog in a mechanism, which again tends to stifle innovation. This is one of the reasons they were trailing hard from 1800's onward.

would Chinese need to copycat everything
      meanwhile Taiwan that received more influence from outside is a technological powerhouse. Most companies that end with "tek" are from there. They're high-tech, ASUS(tek), Realtek, Asrock just off-the-top of my head.

China is also doing the same transition, dropping their mentality and taking up western mentality was what allowed them to get where they are now.

-Why is Africa so backward and average African dirt poor compared to Eastern-Europe. They have INSANE amount of natural resources, on which they could build on.
      These resources were also obvious beacons for other more advanced civilizations to come and hit them into submission at a relatively early stage.

At the time colonialism started there were a lot of civilizations in Africa at around renaissance level of tech, which is just a century of lag at most. They weren't just naked savages up until the White Men showed up.

There were some decent states in Africa like the Ethiopian empire that if left alone could have gone farther. It even was in the first UN-like organization.

One thing that probably fucked their advancement was the slave trade, which started with Arabs many centuries before the USA were a thing, and was just as significant.

I'm mostly talking of sub-saharian Africa though, north africa has always been mostly a colony of someone else from roman times to muslim empires and whatnot and transitioned to being a colony of White Men nations, so whatever. Also usually muslim, so it would mostly fall into the same category as other muslim states would.

So yeah, I would still say culture played a factor, but the interaction with other civilizations did play a large role in shaping african nations in what they are now.

EDIT: and I'm disregarding all the fuckery that modern nations did for the sake of maintaining cheap access to such resources, like for example USA basically kicking Iran back to its current state of fundamentalist shithole (it was becoming a pretty fine western-like nation, just look up photos) just because if it became a decent nation then it would have risen the prices of Oil or something like that.
      Last edited by starshipeleven; 10 June 2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
        At the time where the Arabs starts inventing mathematics Europeans are sitting on trees and shitting on the floor and killing each other.

Use your favorite translater to translate this: https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/poli...affen-28266978
        That's something that happened behind closed doors, under the payment of emperors or local lords. You cannot compare it to a phenomenon where the mentality of the population shifted.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
          Bullshit. You have selective empathy - for Jews only. People who engage in genocide lose my empathy pretty quickly.
          First, get through your skull the meaning of word "genocide". Israel has 3 official languages, of which 2 are forms of Arabic and only one is Hebrew. Genocide itself means systematic destruction of certain population grouping, employing cultural/lingvistic suppression, assimilation or elimination (murder and/or mass deportations).

To make it clear - if Jews were truly trying to commit genocide - Arabic would be removed from being official languages sure as fu*k first. Since you cannot become Jew, you have to born into it, they'd have to go the way of elimination - nazi style death camps or Soviet style mass deportations into desert of Negev et cetera. Becase similarily, in Nazy Reich you had to born as an"arian", you couldn't become one. Do you see anything like it happening in Israel?

Yeah, I suppose I have selective empathy in that regard. I don't see a point of being compassionate for people who do not care even about their own children. Children should be protected and loved.

Do a simple search in youtube "palestinian kids provoking soldiers" and watch some. And perhaps think some. If it does not generate some questions there's something wrong with your intelligence level. What sort of people would send their kids to provoke soldiers - who are imaged as murdering bastards in media - or perhaps it's truly just big media circus? Still they are visibly trying to provoke conflict - aren't they afraid about their own children? what the hell is wrong with them? Are israelis as trigger happy and bent on killing as media is crying? For comparison, watch some videos about ISIS's work about "infidel populations". That's what would happen to jews if they wouldn't defend themselves. Best defence is attack on enemy territory.

Quran is a book of choices. It has suras for both - for living in peace with Christians/Jews and a way of being in war. Since Palestinians visibly choose war regardless of peace initiatives - fuck them. And all suffering they get for it, is their own damn fault. They select their own leaders, choose to obey them and choose to fulfill their orders. So if they want to provoke border post and get shot for it in return after dire warnings - fuck them. It's their own fault. Like Christians say: God gave humans free will to make their own errors.

And now stop sprouting bullsh*t about poort palestinians suffering in the hands of genocidal jews. It's right-wing idiocy.
          Last edited by aht0; 10 June 2018, 09:21 AM. Reason: fixed 2 typos

Comment

Wow, how off-topic I'll jump in

Originally posted by dibal View Post

At the time where the Arabs starts inventing mathematics Europeans are sitting on trees and shitting on the floor and killing each other.

Use your favorite translater to translate this: https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/poli...affen-28266978
            Well, actually the arabs used indian numbers and mathematics was invented much earlier, just look at the ancient Greeks or the Egyptians. Further more, there were parallel evolutions of mathematics in India, China.... even the Maya had highly evolved mathematics for their astronomy.

But I totally agree on the point that middle age Islam was much more developed and science friendly than Christian Europe back then, and the west owes the Islamic scholars a big deal.

kpedersen : isreal != jews. And no, not all Jews are of Israeli descendant. But in this logic it I could also claim the same for German decadency (obvious in Zuckerbergs case). So USA=Germany? Or USA=GB? Funny

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
              But I totally agree on the point that middle age Islam was much more developed and science friendly than Christian Europe back then, and the west owes the Islamic scholars a big deal.
              Still confusing what happened in some specific courts of local lords with mentality of the general population.

General population in muslim nations had comparably shitty mentality as christian europe of the same time period. Which is why when the lords supporting the mathematicians and philosophers (science aka scientific method wasn't invented until much later, so they are all philosophers, not scientists) died or changed their mind everything stopped on its tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                -Why are East-Europeans also so much poorer than Western-Europeans?
                In general, that's true, but not all Western Europeans are rich. There are also quite a lot who live below the poverty line and thus are as poor as most Eastern Europeans (including my parents, and me as well) and the number is increasing in some western countries, including mine.
                Last edited by Vistaus; 10 June 2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

How did this comment thread fill up with cancer so quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrablit View Post
                    How did this comment thread fill up with cancer so quickly?
                    I believe it was my fault. I am very sorry. I stupidly mentioned that the CPU manufacturer Intel had large ties with Israel which at the time I thought was fitting because of the actual thread topic.
                    And unfortunately that set off the bullshit.

Again, apologies.

Though to my defense... I don't quite know where the Jewish religion entered into this haha.

Can I ctrl-z?

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                      Can I ctrl-z?
                      Too late, your sesame credits are in the red!

Comment

Working...
                      X