Hygon Dhyana: Chinese x86 Server CPUs Based On AMD Zen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpedersen

Whoa, lets not get involved in grouping by religions. I'm out of this convo. (Purely because us Christians are probably the worst of the bunch! haha).

It is tech businesses that are the corrupt little shits, this has nothing to do with the people or religions of those people.
    Reality check.

- In which cultural/religious sphere did modern technological revolution start? It was Christian but there was particular branch/movement that encouraged it and from where it eventually sprung. It was Christian, more precisely Reformation, Protestantism. Combination of Protestant work ethos (Puritan and Calvinism) and printing press put modern technological revolution and rapid development into gear. Then endless wars between branches of Christianity and constant battle against Ottoman Empire's Islam kept the accelerator floored. Other cultural spheres have done nothing but trying to catch up in technological development ever since. Muslims would still be using a bow if it wasn't for imported firearms being that much better tools. On their own - Islam itself does not encourage change much, working hard and finding satisfaction from having worked well done is a anathema to them. I am not that familiar with Buddhist culture - so I refrain from further comments.

- Find the relative difference in published scientific articles between "Western world", "Muslim world", "Buddhist world"... Differences are rather drastic, I tell you this much. Why?Information is globally available. Do not try to claim that "it has nothing to do with people or religion". Facts claim different. If technological advancement would not be influenced by culture, would Chinese need to copycat everything and would Muslim world make war only with tools/weapons that Christian world has already created? Simple questions with politically incorrect answers.

-Why is Africa so backward and average African dirt poor compared to Eastern-Europe. They have INSANE amount of natural resources, on which they could build on. Why are East-Europeans also so much poorer than Western-Europeans? It's all cultural. If your main goal after rising to position of power is Byzantine - filling the pockets of your own and your close relatives/tribe/friends - there can be nothing else but mass of dirt poor people and small grouping of rich and powerful. It also applies to Eastern Europe where communism tried to destroy Christian values and due to structure of Soviet economic model - stealing from State and bartering against goods you couldnt otherwise get (both in official capacity and private) became way of life. Any kind of corruption kills off economic efficiency, which in turn kills off technological development and social wellbeing. Easy as that
    Its absolutely all cultural and religious.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Why don't just lunch AMD Zen CPUs in the Chinese market like everywhere else?
      Are these Hygon Dhyana some backdoored version of AMD Zen?
      AFAIK, they did. Tencent and Baidu have already deployed Epyc branded CPUs in their cloud. Several customers, notably jd.com is using Epyc branded CPUs. They will also get revenue from these JV CPUs.

AMD has said that the JV will "license" AMD IP and in fact its more like a semi-custom deal because AMD designed them and got paid for r & d. When they are manufactured, AMD also gets licensing fee per processor in the form of royalty.

Comment

I'm all for a good debate but discussing religion and warefare on a tech forum seem more than a bit off topic.

Take any religious group, country or whatever and I'm sure we could create bullet lists of fucked up shit that they did, then we could debate endlessly about what horrific crimes against humanity are worse than other crimes against humanity.

Lets keep this thread about AMD, China and Linux / Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post

Being an important deal between publicly traded companies the Patent Cross Licence between AMD and Intel is available online. I don't see that either company has met the requirements for termination set out in section 5.

Note that if Intel could easily revoke AMD's rights then AMD could probably do the same to Intel. Given that AMD developed the 64 bit ISA that both are using this war you feel would happen would resemble the Mutual Assured Destruction doctrine.
          Wow
          this Agreement shall automatically terminate as a whole upon the consummation of a Change of Control of either Party.
          Does this mean what I think it means?
          Neither Intel nor AMD can be bought by a third-party?
          Last edited by FastCode; 10 June 2018, 01:11 AM. Reason: fixed the double negative

Comment

Originally posted by FastCode View Post
            Does this mean what I think it means?
            Neither Intel nor AMD can't be bought by a third-party?
            I'd guess that originally it meant that Intel were making sure that IBM couldn't buy AMD then just make the chips themselves, but now it means that unless the buyer is an exceptionally rich patent troll then both sides will be very motivated to make sure an equivalent agreement is in place ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0

You are cruel and stupid individual without a gram of empathy.
              Bullshit. You have selective empathy - for Jews only. People who engage in genocide lose my empathy pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                - In which cultural/religious sphere did modern technological revolution start? It was Christian but there was particular branch/movement that encouraged it and from where it eventually sprung. It was Christian, more precisely Reformation, Protestantism. Combination of Protestant work ethos (Puritan and Calvinism) and printing press put modern technological revolution and rapid development into gear. Then endless wars between branches of Christianity and constant battle against Ottoman Empire's Islam kept the accelerator floored. Other cultural spheres have done nothing but trying to catch up in technological development ever since. Muslims would still be using a bow if it wasn't for imported firearms being that much better tools. On their own - Islam itself does not encourage change much, working hard and finding satisfaction from having worked well done is a anathema to them. I am not that familiar with Buddhist culture - so I refrain from further comments.
                At the time where the Arabs starts inventing mathematics Europeans are sitting on trees and shitting on the floor and killing each other.

Use your favorite translater to translate this: https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/poli...affen-28266978
                Last edited by dibal; 10 June 2018, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0
                  You are cruel and stupid individual without a gram of empathy. If there is one nation that deserves to have their own land, its jews.
                  Jews aren't a nation, they are a religion. Most jews in the modern world where none gives a shit about their religion feel part of the nation they were born in and are citizens of, just like second-gen Muslims born and raised in the country their parents emigrated to.

That said you should really look up what Israel and the batshit insane fundamentalist jews in it do before posting bullshit.

As it is they are literally acting like nazis, aggressively colonizing, segregating (the gaza strip is basically a concentration camp) and exterminating native populations of that land to get their "Lebensbraun" there because "their god wants it". I mean Deus Vult! and Death to the Infidel dogs! right?

Note that I'm not blaming all jews nor saying that all israeli are batshit insane fundamentalists, but overall as a nation it's basically nazi germany, and should really get treated like such.

The only reason it is allowed to exist is that people don't look up shit and just say "it's jews they deserve it" (which is some kind of ignorant bullshit I'm always going to shout at), rich jews that lobby for their needs in the US (just like any other rich person), and that it is a great way to focus the attention of neighbouring states on something else than the US directly.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                    I have a feeling that Intel could actually revoke AMD's rights to developing x86 chips. This would start quite a war I feel.
                    AMD still holds the license to the x86_64 chips, if they break the agreement they did then Intel is fucked as much as AMD is.

If China and Russia could get their crap together, the players in the grand game of super smash bros could literally be China and Russia VS America and Israel. No other country matters to be quite honest and at best would be simple pawns.
                    And EU? Can I remind you that there are like 5 nations with comparable GDP as Russia (and much better technology and industry) there?
                    Seriously, Russia has the same GDP as Texas, it's not a superpower, they aren't soviet anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by lucasbekker View Post
                      Is this true or false? the discussion followed by the above statement doesn't aswer this...
                      Google?

Also China does not want USA backdoored bullshit, they want to place their own backdoor in it. So even without that law they would be making their own processors.

And note that even if they revoke the x86 license there is a good chance that Chinese government says "fuck that" and keeps making them as they now have the know-how to do so.

Comment

Working...
                      X