X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Still a hint towards the intended designs.

Same issue here. Hoping we aren't the only ones in vBullettin's "bad boys" list.
    Due to excessive spam by spam bots bypassing our filters with garbage text only to then edit spam into the post, I disabled post editing except for premium members until figuring out a better plugin or solution for fighting the dozens of spam posts daily. So far simply removing editing has got rid of a number of the spam posts.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by juno View Post
    There is no reference card, it was just a mockup.
    Still a hint towards the intended designs.

Why can't I edit my posts?
    Same issue here. Hoping we aren't the only ones in vBullettin's "bad boys" list.

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Originally posted by MVinhas View Post
    GTX750Ti is like 10~15% worse compared to GTX950, so RX460 should be an upgrade ONLY if they improve their drivers. Currently, there is no point to replace a GTX750Ti with a RX460, unless you use Windows.
    Do you have linux benchmarks for the RX460 or are you only guessing but forgot to tell everyone else that you're guessing?
    I haven't seen or tried RX460 yet but with some luck it's well supported by the open source drivers and for some that's enough.

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Why can't I edit my posts?

Originally posted by atomsymbol
    I don't quite understand why the Polaris chips are numbered 10 and 11. The chip architecture is the same except for shader count, no?
    P11 has per cu powergating, p10 does not have. Logic blocks should be the same version, I think. Of course, the memory interface and the ROP and TMU count, Cache size etc. also scale with the shader/CU count. Thus, it is another chip and therefore needs another name. Pitcairn wasn't called Tahiti either ;-)

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Hm, btw if someone spots a short card (like the reference one in the images that isn't longer than the pcie slot) plz let me know.
    There is no reference card, it was just a mockup.
    The AIB partners don't seem to be interested in delivering short cards, as seen with the 1060/1070 and 470/480. All of those chips would allow short designs, technically.

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
    That $99 price turned out to be a marketing trick since the real-life cards cost substantially more. On top of that, it looks like all the promises about how the Rx 460 wouldn't need an external power connector were wrong too since every review unit that's out right now requires the 6-pin connector.
    Sure, apart from that 10+ designs w/o a 6-pin connector...

Leave a comment:

• MVinhas
    replied
    GTX750Ti is like 10~15% worse compared to GTX950, so RX460 should be an upgrade ONLY if they improve their drivers. Currently, there is no point to replace a GTX750Ti with a RX460, unless you use Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Inopia
    replied
    Originally posted by Notavi View Post
    At some point, it'd be cool to see a low profile performance comparison (750Ti vs RX460 vs whatever low profile Pascal card ends up coming out). They're good for small-form-factor media centre / steam box builds (I currently have one that runs on a 750Ti, kinda curious if RX460 would prove to be an upgrade).
    I'd like to see a 750Ti vs RX460 comparison as I'm interested in a card that doesn't require additional power in addition to 75W from the PCIe.

Leave a comment:

• Notavi
    replied
    At some point, it'd be cool to see a low profile performance comparison (750Ti vs RX460 vs whatever low profile Pascal card ends up coming out). They're good for small-form-factor media centre / steam box builds (I currently have one that runs on a 750Ti, kinda curious if RX460 would prove to be an upgrade).

Leave a comment:

• pixo
    replied
    I am also with the crowd saying "What the hell are OEMs doing!"
    I want a low power and noise card, preferably singleslot, for ~120 euro to use in HTPC.
    APU would be also acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol
    I don't quite understand why the Polaris chips are numbered 10 and 11. The chip architecture is the same except for shader count, no?
    10 and 11 are easier to remember than Cape Verde and Pitcairn. Unless you have just finished planning an island vacation, of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X