X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for an "ITX"-formfactor edition of the 480

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Octus View Post
      I agree with raonlinux about the noise level and would love some temperature readings as well. I currently have an R9 290 and it's insanely loud on full load plus changes the temperature in my room ~3 degrees (Fahrenheit). I'm considering switch to an RX 480 if it can really provide more or equal performance, less heat, less noise, and less power usage all at ~$200.

Looking forward to the 29th
      There will be temperature results as always, but no plans for noise level due to lack of equipment (yes, there are some phone apps for noise level but I've found them to be less than reliable and can't also integrate that with PTS).
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Very impressive amd

Send card to phoronix (them could show new catalyst with amdgpu-pro support????)

Maybe can send other polaris models: RX470 - RX460

Comment

AMD is on a roll and I like that. I'm definitely picking up an RX480!

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Are additional kernel and mesa patches required for RX 480? Or does the card work with unpatched linux-4.7rc4 and mesa-git?
            As is public knowledge with my articles in past few days, there are still Polaris fixes queued up now for Linux 4.7 AMDGPU DRM that should land in the next few days... So hopefully 4.7-rc5 will work out of the box.

Can't properly comment yet on Mesa situation.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
              What about R470 and R460? For me is R470 most interesting card of R4xx line up.
              At least it is not hard to guess that those will be slower then RX 480 ... How much? According to rummored referent specs, well i expect 470 maybe like 40% slower, while 460 up to 2.5x times slower... on clean GPU benchmarks of course
              Last edited by dungeon; 22 June 2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

What I'm most interested in knowing and seeing is if AMD are putting out a new propreitary driver for the AMD website that is not a beta and how it performs if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
                  I'm surprised about AMD giving out a 480 to Michael... this means they are confident in its performance and drivers. Also that they have plenty of stock, I have seen a lot of pictures of 480s already. Good job Radeon people!
                  Especially since this site tends to bash AMD all the time...

Comment

Michael
                    Will you test single vs. multi-monitor power consumption? This is something that AMD fixed with Fury and HBM. But as Polaris went back to GDDR5 maybe we will see a return of this issue.

Comment

This is promising that they are confident enough about their new Linux drivers to send a card out. I was hoping for a card closer to the 1080 in performance. But at least the 480 should be cooler draw much less power and has a smaller PCB right out the box.

I'm hoping to watercool my next PC in an ITX form factor. This might end up being the card if it overclocks well.

Comment

Working...
                      X