Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RX 480 Linux Testing Is Happening Right Now

Phoronix: Radeon RX 480 Linux Testing Is Happening Right Now

Not that I can share any early benchmark figures or anything of the Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" graphics card, but the testing commenced today... But I am can at least share a couple images...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well now we must wait for a week to see the result, good to know Amd sent you a card. By the way please put the noise lvl or describe how perform according to the noise of the card in you benchmark, I know will be hard with the servers running 24/7.
    Greetings.

Comment

For sure a picture isn't worth a thousand words

Comment

Do you have to return the sample or can you keep it for subsequent tests?

I mean, it gets more interesting than ever when the transition to the fully open stack is done, Vulkan, OpenCL 2 capabilities and of course Mesa/radeonsi progression. Not to mention the ROC stack
        Last edited by juno; 22 June 2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
          Do you have to return the sample or can you keep it for subsequent tests?
          Will be used for subsequent testing for years to come.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I agree with raonlinux about the noise level and would love some temperature readings as well. I currently have an R9 290 and it's insanely loud on full load plus changes the temperature in my room ~3 degrees (Fahrenheit). I'm considering switch to an RX 480 if it can really provide more or equal performance, less heat, less noise, and less power usage all at ~$200.

Looking forward to the 29th

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Will be used for subsequent testing for years to come.
              \o/

OpenCL tests would be nice to see, btw, like ethminer (quite popular right now, esp. w/ AMD and Linux; has CLI benchmark mode) or blender cycles renderer.

Comment

I'm surprised about AMD giving out a 480 to Michael... this means they are confident in its performance and drivers. Also that they have plenty of stock, I have seen a lot of pictures of 480s already. Good job Radeon people!

Comment

What about R470 and R460? For me is R470 most interesting card of R4xx line up.

Comment

Yeap, that sure is nice. As a bonus, it will keep the rhethoric against AMD for not sending samples down
                    Also, only one extra power connector for that card, that's real nice too.

Comment

Working...
                    X