No announcement yet.

Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gonna be an Realtek ALC256, ALSA sees it of course (headphone works). I'll dig into ALSA configuration if I see anything.

When I look at `hda-jack-retask` I cannot override the microphone because the other selection is "Not Connected". Can anyone confirm that who can use external Mic? How do you do it?
    Last edited by tocsa; 21 March 2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Almost similar: https://superuser.com/questions/1176...ne-with-ubuntu
      According to this https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...hones-for-outp can it happen that I'll need to figure out the pins with `hdajackretask`? `` only shows one mic:

Code:
          ports:
              analog-input-mic: Microphone (priority 8700, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
                  properties:
                      device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"
              analog-output-speaker: Speakers (priority 10000, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
                  properties:
                      device.icon_name = "audio-speakers"
              analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority 9000, latency offset 0 usec, available: yes)
                  properties:
                      device.icon_name = "audio-headphones"

Comment

In hda-jack-retask it seems it can be the 0x18 or 0x19 pins. But I could not get it to work so far. Ridiculous. If it works for someone and could run and report hda-jack-retask for us would be great.

Comment

Another issue: I thought my touch pad was working (maybe it was with Lubuntu) but it does definitely not work now and I'm using 4.14 kernel. My lspci is in the previous page. lsusb only show my external mice, the built-in webcam, some ASUS keyboard (is it really USB connected?) and an intel bluetooth thingie besides the hubs. I cannot spot the touch pad, just as with the sound card. If it works for someone, could you help me out. Also with the external mic problem if it works for you. Thanks.

Code:
          # lsusb
          Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
          Bus 003 Device 003: ID 1bcf:0005 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. Optical Mouse
          Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
          Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
          Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b05:1837 ASUSTek Computer, Inc.
          Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:57fa Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
          Bus 001 Device 004: ID 8087:0a2b Intel Corp.
          Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Comment

Progress: from Lubuntu LiveCD I see in dmesg, that the touchpad is an ELAN1200 i2c HID device:

Code:
            hid-multitouch 0018:04F3:3066.0001: input,hidraw4: I2C HID v1.00 Mouse [ELAN1200:00 04F3:3066] on i2c-ELAN1200:00
            I compared the Lubuntu and the stock Debian kernel configuration:

Code:
            CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_ELANTECH=y
            CONFIG_MOUSE_ELAN_I2C=m
            CONFIG_MOUSE_ELAN_I2C_I2C=y
            CONFIG_MOUSE_ELAN_I2C_SMBUS=y
            # CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ELAN is not set
            CONFIG_USB_FTDI_ELAN=m
            CONFIG_NLS_MAC_ICELAND=m
            So I need to enable that missing one I think. I still haven't succeeded with the hda-jack-retask yet. Please put your hands up here if your headset's mic works for you and please help us.

Comment

I recompiled with CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ELAN and still no touch screen. I'll tear my hair out. ( I don't see the line in dmesg about ELAN1200). I probably need some other kernel switch but which one?
              Last edited by tocsa; 26 March 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I recompiled also with
                Code:
                 CONFIG_MOUSE_ELAN_I2C=y
                (instead being a module) - another difference between the 4.13.x Lubuntu 17.10 kernel (the touchscreen works with that Live CD) and the Ubuntu Bionic 4.15 kernel. This latter one did not bring up the touchpad as I hoped. But I thought that starting off of an Ubuntu kernel has a better chance since the Lubuntu 4.13 kernel worked. Since then I recompiled like 4-5 times at least, now I'm suspecting that some USB driver is interfering, but I don't know why the touchpad does not work still. Anyone's help would be appreciated, it sounds like I'm having a conversation with myself for weeks now here.

Still no progress on the external mic front, first I want to get the touchpad working.

Comment

My kernel here: https://notabug.org/hp/linux-gl702zc should work for the gl702zc. I'll update the tree to 4.16 soon. I've been using it for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by TMM_ View Post
                    My kernel here: https://notabug.org/hp/linux-gl702zc should work for the gl702zc. I'll update the tree to 4.16 soon. I've been using it for a long time.
                    Sweet! I'll check that out this weekend, probably tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by TMM_ View Post
                      Your config works. I customized a little more towards AMD CPUs according to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Ryzen, for example Processor family (Opteron/Athlon64/Hammer/K8), and also applied full NO_HZ.

I went through all the pins in hdajackretask and overrode each pin one-by-one which allowed the selection "Microphone". For each pin separately I tried to Apply (that fails, saying that the device is active), so each time I installed a boot override and rebooted. Only after pin 0x1b override the pavucontrol showed the new Microphone to be plugged, but no input was seen on the pin and the setting screwed up the internal mic. All the other pins showed unplugged, and upon switching to them pavucontrol really kept showing the internal Mic.

Comment

Working...
                      X