Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC

Hi all,

I bought an ROG Strix GL702ZC (https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of...pecifications/) it hasn't arrived yet but I was wondering if anyone would like me to run some benchmarks or something on it before I set it up the way I want.

If anyone has any requests or if Michael is interested in a guest article let me know!

I'm planning to buy GL702ZC too. Most interesting for me is whether all hardware is working normally with linux, and if all special keys (Fn + F#) is functioning properly.

Comment

From my research at least all of the normal peripherals *should* just work (but with something this new that's always a bit of a crapshoot) the special buttons... I have no idea, I'll post that here.

Comment

From my perspective this laptop should be perfect for Linux Software Developers, because of powerfull CPU and GPU with good open source drivers.

Comment

Yeah, I hope so too. That is why I got it. Development and playing that new hitman game my T450s isn't quite up to that task. The 8 cores should help a lot with my VM testing, as will 32 instead of 20gb of RAM.

Comment

Any news?)

Comment

Still waiting on delivery... :-/

Comment

Hi, any issue with your GL702ZC on Linux? How's the wifi?

Comment

I'd love to tell you, but delivery keeps being pushed back. I should'be gotten it within 2 weeks of ordering it originally (according to the seller at least) but I got a call on Monday that it will now definitely be delivered by the end of this month. I'll post an lspci here as soon as I get it.

Comment

Well, it's been a while but the laptop has arrived! So far basically everything works after upgrading to linux 4.14rc7 of Fedora rawhide (for the wifi driver) All multimedia keys work too.

However: The touchpad does not. It appears to be a bug in the i2c driver, I'm trying to track it down.

Comment

Working...
                    X