Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMM_ View Post

Yeah, but maybe it's better in your region? It seems that Asus contracts support out so I guess just as we got really unlucky maybe you will get lucky?
    Mine was handled in Texas. Where was your repair center?

Comment

• I'm in Europe

Comment

• Originally posted by tocsa View Post

Mine was handled in Texas. Where was your repair center?
        So the laptop stayed in a box, because I just didn't have time to deal with it during work hours. Now I spoke with ASUS again and it's clear that they want me to pay for shipping it in and to restore it to the state I originally sent it in beginning of this year.
        1. Does anyone know a US California lawyer who could advise me on this support case? It'd be small claims court. I'm willing to pay as much as the price of the laptop just so hopefully others won't get screwed like this. As I'm getting older I'm less likely to let things slide, it's a $1.5K laptop after all.
        2. I'd seriously disadvise anyone from buying ASUS laptops. The Acer Predator Helios 500 Ryzen has also several quirks (sound card Linux support, power management Linux support, ...) regarding Linux, but there are workarounds, it's cooling system is great and I never experienced crashes like with the ASUS GL702ZC or the MSI GT80 Titan.

Comment

Working...
        X