MediaTek Partners With Intel Foundry Services For Some Of Its Future Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaTek Partners With Intel Foundry Services For Some Of Its Future Chips

Phoronix: MediaTek Partners With Intel Foundry Services For Some Of Its Future Chips

Intel and MediaTek have just announced a strategic partnership where some future chips for MediaTek will be manufactured by Intel Foundry Services (IFS)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is awesome now there is more competition for TSMC. It seems for cutting edge nodes they are the only company, with Samsung much smaller and a bit behind, and Global Foundries gave up a long time ago. Competition is always a good thing!

Comment

I heard it's on Intel's 22nm, rebranded 16nm node size.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
        I heard it's on Intel's 22nm, rebranded 16nm node size.
        New intel branding is hilarious, it doesn't mention nanometers at all, just intel 7.

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

New intel branding is hilarious, it doesn't mention nanometers at all, just intel 7.
          Because they said that for a long time the number stopped being connected to any physical feature size, so it shouldn't use Nanometers. But then they decided to call their future processes 10A and further, like 10 Angstroms, so a length metric again! Oh Intel...

Comment

As long as I don't get custom ROMs for these devices, Mediatek products are of no interest to me. They need to take the open source community more to heart. At least that's what keeps me in the Qualcomm camp when it comes to smartphones.

Comment

Is Interesting to see Mediatek making a business deal with the devil...
              I hope that they don't came later saying they have being bullied..

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

Because neither TSMC, neither Samsung, neither Intel have any connection now to physical size. It is purely marketting term, and Intel did rebrand from "10" to "7" because their 10nm had better density then TSMC 7nm.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
                  Because neither TSMC, neither Samsung, neither Intel have any connection now to physical size. It is purely marketting term, and Intel did rebrand from "10" to "7" because their 10nm had better density then TSMC 7nm.
                  right the density of intels 10nm ++++ is good.

but all other factors are not good. power consumption for example

smaller tranistors bring to you less elections needed to flow but if you only build 3D structures for higher density the tranistor itself did not go smaller.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                  X