Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Kicks Off February With More Bug Fixes, 30-bit Color Support For Plasma On X11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Kicks Off February With More Bug Fixes, 30-bit Color Support For Plasma On X11

Phoronix: KDE Kicks Off February With More Bug Fixes, 30-bit Color Support For Plasma On X11

KDE continues seeing a lot of Wayland fixes landing as well as general crash fixes and addressing other glitches with this popular desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

30-bit color support... Nice!
    I wonder if it handles alpha channel correctly, or if it just does 2-bit alpha (which would look ugly. I remember running Krita on 30-bit mode and some of the icons suddenly looked bad)

Comment

You can't use discover to uninstall itself, not dolphin.

Comment

- Support for 30-bit color in the Plasma X11 session, starting with Plasma 5.24.
        This is like ... 15 years late but so nice to see. Too bad even Google Chrome falls apart when running at this bit depth. Steam also doesn't work. Firefox also had issues, not sure if they are resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
          You can't use discover to uninstall itself, not dolphin.
          Yep thanks fixed.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

This is like ... 15 years late but so nice to see. Too bad even Google Chrome falls apart when running at this bit depth. Steam also doesn't work. Firefox also had issues, not sure if they are resolved.
            Exactly my thoughts as well, but with Valve spearheading the Linux gaming activities, I hope that a wider audience will push the whole ecosystem to fix these big and little annoyances sooner rather than later.

Comment

KDE 6 let's goo

Comment

The FOSS community needs more people like Nate.

Comment

Hopefully this can be the start of HDR on Linux. I'm excited!

Comment

Typical KDE Wayland bug fix be like:

On Wayland session something something no longer sometimes crashes when something something.

And I had no idea this was the case, also wonder how was that even possible

Comment

Working...
                    X