Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Intel & Radeon GPU Drivers Ready With Day-One Support For Vulkan 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Intel & Radeon GPU Drivers Ready With Day-One Support For Vulkan 1.3

Phoronix: Open-Source Intel & Radeon GPU Drivers Ready With Day-One Support For Vulkan 1.3

For the just-announced Vulkan 1.3, the open-source Intel "ANV" and Radeon "RADV" Vulkan drivers within Mesa are prepared to land support for this updated specification...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The link to RADV's MR seems broken

Comment

What about video extensions for decoding and encoding, are they still outside of the core ?
      It would've been nice to have them as part of the core so video players and screen recorders like OBS and web browsers could use them easily and in a more standard way.
      But anyway, good that the open standard is still advancing!

Comment

Here the link to the RADV https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/14707

Comment

No word on NVIDIA despite them offering drivers as well:

Vulkan 1.3 Beta Driver Downloads

Vulkan 1.3 support is now available! Windows driver version 473.11 and Linux driver version 470.62.22 contain newly released Vulkan features and bug fixes for Vulkan developers.

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Comment

These diabolical figures with horns are new Vulcan mascots now?
            Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
              These diabolical figures with horns are new Vulcan mascots now?
              Disgusting.
              You should really look more closely. When I examine the logo / mascots I see ( Left to right ) some werewolf type creature which I don't immediately recognize, the Utah Teapot, the Stanford Bunny and the Stanford Dragon. None of which have horns as far as I can tell, nor do any of them strike me as particularly diabolical.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                The link to RADV's MR seems broken
                It's a typo "hef=" instead of "href="

Comment

Originally posted by Terr-E View Post

You should really look more closely. When I examine the logo / mascots I see ( Left to right ) some werewolf type creature which I don't immediately recognize, the Utah Teapot, the Stanford Bunny and the Stanford Dragon. None of which have horns as far as I can tell, nor do any of them strike me as particularly diabolical.
                  The demonic one is Stanford Armadillo:
                  armadillo.jpg

Comment

NVIDIA has released tools to support Vulkan 1.3 to aid debugging and making things run faster.

Comment

Working...
                    X