No announcement yet.

Firefox 67.0 Released With Better Performance, Switches To Dav1d AV1 Decoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 67.0 Released With Better Performance, Switches To Dav1d AV1 Decoder

Phoronix: Firefox 67.0 Released With Better Performance, Switches To Dav1d AV1 Decoder

Mozilla set sail Firefox 67.0 this morning as the newest version of this web browser and the update is heavy on the feature front...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"On the performance front, Firefox 56..."

Comment

Michael

The more details URL is broken: "ref" instead of "href".

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Michael

The more details URL is broken: "ref" instead of "href".
        Typo thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
          Windows 10 users with NVIDIA graphics will also see WebRender gradually enabled
          That's the usual double -Fuck You- to Linux users from Mozilla: "What, you need hardware acceleration for video decoding and page rendering on Linux? LOL, one day maybe but you are irrelevant ^^ ; Our priority is Windows and the GPU without open drivers "

At this point, I hope they loose whatever funding from Google they still have so that only volunteers (or let's dream, people funded with RedHat money) are left coding. Maybe then Free Software users would be back as a priority target.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
            That's the usual double -Fuck You- to Linux users from Mozilla: "What, you need hardware acceleration for video decoding and page rendering on Linux? LOL, one day maybe but you are irrelevant ^^ ; Our priority is Windows and the GPU without open drivers "

At this point, I hope they loose whatever funding from Google they still have so that only volunteers (or let's dream, people funded with RedHat money) are left coding. Maybe then Free Software users would be back as a priority target.
            Perhaps a donation to Mozilla to get hardware acceleration in Linux is in store.

Mozilla will always go where the money leads. Just ask them what it will take, I am sure they will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post

Well, WebRender is enabled by default on Linux Nightly from 2019/04/10 on Intel GPUs. So they're most definitely working on it...

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Perhaps a donation to Mozilla to get hardware acceleration in Linux is in store.

Mozilla will always go where the money leads. Just ask them what it will take, I am sure they will tell you.
                Ah Mozilla, always focusing on the wrong issues:

Comment

I can't understand why FF hardware acceleration on Linux is not working yet, the driver guys are incredibly responsive to address bugs in the open source drivers, most games have a much smaller user base than FF yet people report bugs and those get fixed in days/weeks.

What is the issue with Mozilla and FF, they find a bug and say to themselves: "this is not working" and then forgetting about it?

Bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Or even contributing to/opening a bounty on bountysource or similar sites, if you want your money to go to whoever fixes the specific issue you want solved.

Comment

Working...
                    X