Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 67.0 Released With Better Performance, Switches To Dav1d AV1 Decoder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Firefox 67.0 Released With Better Performance, Switches To Dav1d AV1 Decoder

    Phoronix: Firefox 67.0 Released With Better Performance, Switches To Dav1d AV1 Decoder

    Mozilla set sail Firefox 67.0 this morning as the newest version of this web browser and the update is heavy on the feature front...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-67.0-Released

  • #2
    "On the performance front, Firefox 56..."

    Comment


    • #3
      Michael

      The more details URL is broken: "ref" instead of "href".

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Michael

        The more details URL is broken: "ref" instead of "href".
        Typo thanks
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Any further progress on wayland and headerbars?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by phoronix
            Windows 10 users with NVIDIA graphics will also see WebRender gradually enabled
            That's the usual double -Fuck You- to Linux users from Mozilla: "What, you need hardware acceleration for video decoding and page rendering on Linux? LOL, one day maybe but you are irrelevant ^^ ; Our priority is Windows and the GPU without open drivers "

            At this point, I hope they loose whatever funding from Google they still have so that only volunteers (or let's dream, people funded with RedHat money) are left coding. Maybe then Free Software users would be back as a priority target.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
              That's the usual double -Fuck You- to Linux users from Mozilla: "What, you need hardware acceleration for video decoding and page rendering on Linux? LOL, one day maybe but you are irrelevant ^^ ; Our priority is Windows and the GPU without open drivers "

              At this point, I hope they loose whatever funding from Google they still have so that only volunteers (or let's dream, people funded with RedHat money) are left coding. Maybe then Free Software users would be back as a priority target.
              Perhaps a donation to Mozilla to get hardware acceleration in Linux is in store.

              Mozilla will always go where the money leads. Just ask them what it will take, I am sure they will tell you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
                That's the usual double -Fuck You- to Linux users from Mozilla: "What, you need hardware acceleration for video decoding and page rendering on Linux? LOL, one day maybe but you are irrelevant ^^ ; Our priority is Windows and the GPU without open drivers "

                At this point, I hope they loose whatever funding from Google they still have so that only volunteers (or let's dream, people funded with RedHat money) are left coding. Maybe then Free Software users would be back as a priority target.
                Well, WebRender is enabled by default on Linux Nightly from 2019/04/10 on Intel GPUs. So they're most definitely working on it...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

                  Perhaps a donation to Mozilla to get hardware acceleration in Linux is in store.

                  Mozilla will always go where the money leads. Just ask them what it will take, I am sure they will tell you.
                  Ah Mozilla, always focusing on the wrong issues:

                  https://www.wsj.com/articles/mozilla...own-1396554132

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can't understand why FF hardware acceleration on Linux is not working yet, the driver guys are incredibly responsive to address bugs in the open source drivers, most games have a much smaller user base than FF yet people report bugs and those get fixed in days/weeks.

                    What is the issue with Mozilla and FF, they find a bug and say to themselves: "this is not working" and then forgetting about it?

                    Bizarre.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X