Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 8 vs. LLVM Clang 6 Performance At End Of Year 2017

Phoronix: GCC 8 vs. LLVM Clang 6 Performance At End Of Year 2017

For those wondering how the LLVM Clang vs. GCC C/C++ compiler performance is comparing as we end out 2017, here are some recent benchmarks using the latest Clang 6.0 SVN and GCC 8.0.0 compilers in a range of benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

not good results for clang
    Last edited by davidbepo; 28 December 2017, 01:37 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      snapshot and LLVM CLang 6.0 SVN
      using the open-source Phoronix Test Suite (http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/) benchmarking software.
      (it looks like you rushed the article since you couldn't do an <a> link)

with the monte carlo and
      when GCC domainted in a majority of the benchmarks

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        not good results for clang
        Yup. Especially when it's objective is to be faster and lighter...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Typos:

(it looks like you rushed the article since you couldn't do an <a> link)

Thanks, still recovering from the stomach flu last weekend.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Thanks, still recovering from the stomach flu last weekend.
            When this happens, try taking some Glutamine. It's used as fuel by both intestinal and immune cells. A couple teaspoons per day of the powdered form would be a reasonable amount.

Even though evidence for enhanced immune function is weak, I believe it's synergistic with other immune boosters and should help your gut absorb what nutrients you are able to keep down.

Glutamine: The latest and most important research. Expert analysis and supporting evidence for practical effects, potential risks, and more.

Comment

the excpet happen, since clang comes more complete the performance decrease

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                When this happens, try taking some Glutamine. It's used as fuel by both intestinal and immune cells. A couple teaspoons per day of the powdered form would be a reasonable amount.

Even though evidence for enhanced immune function is weak, I believe it's synergistic with other immune boosters and should help your gut absorb what nutrients you are able to keep down.

Glutamine: The latest and most important research. Expert analysis and supporting evidence for practical effects, potential risks, and more.
                Garlic (not over 1 nail at once), then healthy swig of plain kefir. Former is antiviral/antibacterial, latter pretty much "donates" you new set of useful bacterial cultures for your stomach. Kefir is allowed even if you cannot tolerate lactose.

No real need for artificial medicines.
                Make sure you never ingest garlic and medicines (like analgine or ibuprofene together - it could become lethal mistake)

Comment

I wanna go to a stadium, paint GCC on my face, get wasted as I watch GCC beat the shit out of CLANG and then beat up random people on my way home. Yep, that's the kind of avid fan I am!

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                    Garlic (not over 1 nail at once), then healthy swig of plain kefir. Former is antiviral/antibacterial, latter pretty much "donates" you new set of useful bacterial cultures for your stomach.
                    I eat about 10-15 g of cooked garlic, every day. It's an immune booster with many proven benefits:

Garlic: Expert analysis on health effects. Get the information you need to achieve your goals.

For unrelated reasons, I have plain (unsweetened) kefir on weekends. I use it in my granola, instead of milk. Then, I have apple cider vinegar & kombucha (not because store-bought kombucha is anything special - the amount of glucuronic acid it contains is insignificant - but it goes well with the vinegar).

No real need for artificial medicines.
                    Are you calling Glutamine an artificial medicine? It's an amino acid made by your body and present in most protein sources.

Knowledge is power. Whether artificial or "natural"; prescribed or over-the-counter, it pays to learn as much as you can about what you're ingesting and what the alternatives might be. Diet and lifestyle are powerful medicines, but they can't treat or cure everything.

Make sure you never ingest garlic and medicines (like analgine or ibuprofene together - it could become lethal mistake)
                    That's an incredibly broad statement. There are few specific drug interactions, mostly related to blood pressure & glucose management:
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic...and_toxicology

And if you take garlic oil, not too much:
                    Garlic: Expert analysis on health effects. Get the information you need to achieve your goals.
                    Last edited by coder; 31 December 2017, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X