X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    This is what game devs need to think when they think Linux/SteamOS Gaming
    [snipped the picture of money in a wheelbarrow]
    Very true. The games that are ported will often not just port the game, but also make some very welcomed additions and bug fixes, like this one here.
    (Which benefits everyone and also increases the value of said game)

Besides that, the Linux gamers only have so many options right now, so having a game be supported in Linux means that it's harder to be lost in the flood of new and existing games, and it'll be more likely that someone will buy it.

Comment

with or without content restore patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
        with or without content restore patch?
        STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™ Explore the possibilities! Find and install your favorite KOTOR II mods! Simply locate your desired mod, select "subscribe" and launch your newly modded KOTOR II game. Learn More

However, there is currently an issue with TSLRCM, so it should be avoided.
        https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/485537937/541906348059098329/
        https://steamcommunity.com/app/20858...6348059035957/
        https://steamcommunity.com/app/20858...6348058872071/
        Last edited by eidolon; 21 July 2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I've been playing video games since the 90's so I think I can live with ~2005 graphics if the gameplay is good. Game I've never played with native linux support and full controller support at $7.50? That sounds like a small risk with lots of good potential. Bought it for my upcoming steam machine build.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
            The reason KOTOR II was chosen is probably because EA (via BioWare) own rights to the first one, and they wouldn't allow it.

KOTOR II is in the top 50 RPG list of numerous sites from the RPGCodex to the candy-assed Rock, Paper, Shotgun, whereas KOTOR 1 is not. Probably because it's an uninspired turd.

Comment

I've owned this game for a while buying it in a Humble Indie Bundle but hadn't ever activated the purchase in Steam. Upon hearing this news I went and got it in Steam and downloaded it on my laptop, started it up once complete and the game ran beautifully on the 2nd Gen i5 with Intel graphics. I even alt-tabbed a few times with no issues. Trying doing that on a emulation through Wine. So far, from the couple hours I've put in, this appears to be a solid port.

Hopefully this port goes well, and we see more ports done to other Star Wars games. I'd love to see any of the Jedi Knight games, Empire at War, or Force Unleashed games ported...okay, I'll be honest, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and would love to see them all, but I'm happy to see KOTOR 2 and hope to see a few more.

--
              Audi.RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                Um... Michael, to say that KOTOR II being ported isn't exciting unless you're a star wars fan means you don't understand what this means... What this means is that Disney is open to porting the LucasArts Catologue over to Linux, which is one of the most coveted software collections alongside Sierra's and Origin Systems for a generation of PC gamers.
                Agreed, there's craptons of IP Disney bought through purchase of Lucasarts possibly not even most of it having anything to do with Star Wars franchise. The IP holder showing interest on Linux users' money would be a really interesting turn

Comment

It is odd to complain that this game was ported rather than some other since they never promised porting some other current AAA title. Just be happy that they ported yet another title.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                    The reason KOTOR II was chosen is probably because EA (via BioWare) own rights to the first one, and they wouldn't allow it.

Aspyr already ported the first one to Android.
                    Rob
                    email: [email protected]

Comment

This is great news. I seen that my linux game list was increased by 1 but I wasn't aware it was KOTOR 2. Well weekend is near. I'll test it.

Comment

Working...
                      X