Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudflare Makes Pingora Rust Framework Open-Source

Phoronix: Cloudflare Makes Pingora Rust Framework Open-Source

Back in 2022 Cloudflare announced they were ditching Nginx for an in-house, Rust-written software called Pingora. Today Cloudflare is open-sourcing the Pingora framework...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's very nice of them!
    Thank you very much Cloudfare!

Comment

One step closer to nuking nginx from my friends systems, that cursed configuration will be the death of me or it.

Comment

i don't know why they did this revolution in ope source fashion, because to me it seems it could easily be milked for huge money.

But the fact they did it has raised my view of them, and given them huge respect.

Comment

Looking forward to Volta complaining that there aren't any scalable projects written in Rust.

Pingora is battle tested as it has been serving more than 40 million Internet requests per second for more than a few years.​

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
            Looking forward to Volta complaining that there aren't any scalable projects written in Rust.
            I knew somebody will mention this, but it's just a proxy. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

But it is neither tiny, nor doing simple tasks. Well, the task itself is not hard, but details matter and it needs to be very fast and memory efficient.

Comment

Android is large enough project for you? It was 1.5M Rust code in 2022 already.

Comment

It is more than just a proxy, and it contains 38K lines of Rust, so it is not small. It is also highly scalable, featuring load balancing capabilities.
                  Last edited by mmstick; 28 February 2024, 01:01 PM.

Comment

This is just a lie. Nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                    X