Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It's like me living in Arkansas.
    I did read the full response but this alone was enough for me to know the problem here :-)

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

I did read the full response but this alone was enough for me to know the problem here :-)
      Yeah, it's definitely a top 5 contender in the Shithole of America contest, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        You might not like it, you might not like the implications of it, but you have to live with it and deal with it because that's how the world is moving.
        ** hugs Skeevy420 ** We love you, bro.

I grew up in the midwest, and there are things I miss about it, but then you see those ugly reminders of why the cost of living is lower there.

Comment

Originally posted by trapexit View Post

There are a fixed number of tools downstream of RPM. [...] There are lots of traditional methods to help find those.

Maybe this is a toy. Maybe an experiment. Maybe they have future, more elaborated plans that is not yet told to you. Who, knows.... (RH/IBM. Maybe).

Comment

BTW this "Log Detective" reminds me of dr. Watson.

Comment

When something fails to compile on gentoo i can look at the error code and see what is going on. Why cant redhat?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                When something fails to compile on gentoo i can look at the error code and see what is going on. Why cant redhat?
                They explained that in the blurb:
                Veteran packagers have an intuition where the error message will most likely be, but the process is tedious regardless. Newbies are often overwhelmed by the complexity and miss the error message completely.
                So this is not about replacing veteran packagers but helping them and newbies alike. It seems to me Gentoo themselves could benefit from a similar tool trained on the build outputs of their CI and tinderbox builds.

I would guess the reason nobody does this (except Red Hat) is because it's tedious to gather all of the build logs and annotate them when an experienced packager can spot the issue quickly anyway. How much time are they wasting to build this AI model and is it really worth it?

Comment

Working...
                X