Experimental Patches Allow eBPF To Extend The Linux Kernel's Scheduler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Yes, you've successfully burned down that strawman. No prizes for that.
    Sysvinit solutions still has no central authority defining how they work.

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Perhaps I got a detail wrong, but not the fundamental fact that initialization order was well-defined and stable.
    Please remember it was your strawman I just burnt down. Historically its not been well-defined or stable like it or not.

One of the big features of systemd how to add and monitor services for all systemd based distributions well defined and stable.

This lack of well define and stable means to add and monitor services is a common defect in all the so call systemd alternatives when you look at broader picture with the distributions they are used in. Yes including runit and openrc.

Coder you want to mix and match pieces I can see where might be good. But you need to see the problem lack of central authority on design causes. Sysvinit is the oldest on linux we have with the problem but some of the newer solutions still have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
      Please remember it was your strawman I just burnt down.
      That wasn't a strawman, and you didn't so much burn it down as quibble away at it.

You always manage to find a way to change the subject, in any argument, to one you think you can win. That might be good for your ego, but pretty much nothing else.

Comment

Working...
      X