Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Clang Begins Picking Up AMX-FP16 Support For Granite Rapids

Phoronix: LLVM Clang Begins Picking Up AMX-FP16 Support For Granite Rapids

In addition to GCC landing patches this week in preparing for Grand Ridge and Sierra Forest, the LLVM/Clang open-source compiler stack has also been seeing patches to prepare for future Intel server processors...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/LLVM-Clang-AMX-FP16

Intel engineers might have been a bit too eager with that feature though, as it seems they enabled it even for older CPUs that don't support it, too. At least I got a ton of '-amxfp16' is not a recognized feature for this target (ignoring feature) since that change and filed this bug report to make them aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
      Intel engineers might have been a bit too eager with that feature though, as it seems they enabled it even for older CPUs that don't support it, too. At least I got a ton of '-amxfp16' is not a recognized feature for this target (ignoring feature) since that change and filed this bug report to make them aware of it.
      Yes, typos do happen. Thanks for noticing.

Comment

It's intriguing to see this is fp16, and not bf16. I could see it being useful for classical image processing (esp. HDR) and spatial/depth data.

Comment

Working...
        X