Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhaoxin Finally Adding "Lujiazui" x86_64 CPU Tuning To GCC

Phoronix: Zhaoxin Finally Adding "Lujiazui" x86_64 CPU Tuning To GCC

Introduced back in 2019 by the VIA + Shanghai owned Zhaoxin was the ZX-E / KX-6000 series x86_64 processors. Finally in 2022 the proper GCC compiler tuning support has been published for these processors that are part of the "Lujiazui" microarchitecture...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do these cpus include Chinese hw backdoor?

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
      You bounce ping-pong ball off it few times and a Chinese guy comes out lol.

Comment

Hard to say, until we can test them.

Comment

does those American cpus include hw backdoors?

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
            does those American cpus include hw backdoors?
            Yes - it is called intel management engine.

Comment

Or AMD PSP for that matter.

Problem ist: You never really know unless things are a) documented b) you control the process of manufacture from Verilog schemes (or whatever people use) to tapeout and final installtion in your system.
              But every "black box" is suspicious by design.

More on topic: I guess inital steps have to come from the manufacturers themselves. It's always good if you start sending documentation and code/patches. Especially in this case when GCC developers around the world can hardly pick up one of these machines as they seem to be very limited to a regional Asian market.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I hope GCC people enforced their code guidelines well here, for the sake of their sanity down the road. I've worked with enough Chinese written code that I can tell for sure I'd rather off myself than maintain a freely written Chinese code.

Comment

Originally posted by IActuallyKnowItAll View Post
                  I hope GCC people enforced their code guidelines well here, for the sake of their sanity down the road.
                  Agreed, but I think there's no need to single out Chinese. It's difficult for anyone to write good code in a human language of which they lack complete mastery.

Perhaps another big other issue you might be encountering is that they probably skew towards the lower-end of the experience scale.

Comment

Working...
                  X